music transfer do this for all conflicts doesnt work

s7newb

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
galaxy s7 edge
so when i transfer music from my computer to my phone i copy the whole music folder and past it onto the card in my phone .
it will copy but if i hit "do this for all conflicts" it will just stop copying .
i have to manually go thru the whole list and hit "dont copy" for any song already on the card .very time consuming .
you are to be able to hit "dont copy" and "do this for all conflicts" so it only copies the new stuff but it never works for me .it just stops copying .

anyone else have this issue?
or a better way to update your list?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Sorry your question went unanswered. With all of the Samsung owners, fans and experts here I thought someone would have had some advice for you.

It's been a while since I bulk copied music files from my PC to my phone, but don't remember ever running into this issue. It's been a few years since I have done that though, and never on a Samsung phone. It should not matter what brand of phone, I would think this is a basic Android feature, but not 100% sure since many Android phones don't run stock Android.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Sorry your question went unanswered. With all of the Samsung owners, fans and experts here I thought someone would have had some advice for you.

It's been a while since I bulk copied music files from my PC to my phone, but don't remember ever running into this issue. It's been a few years since I have done that though, and never on a Samsung phone. It should not matter what brand of phone, I would think this is a basic Android feature, but not 100% sure since many Android phones don't run stock Android.

Not totally sure this is an android or Samsung issue. could be a windows issue. had to think about this one.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
so when i transfer music from my computer to my phone i copy the whole music folder and past it onto the card in my phone .
it will copy but if i hit "do this for all conflicts" it will just stop copying .
i have to manually go thru the whole list and hit "dont copy" for any song already on the card .very time consuming .
you are to be able to hit "dont copy" and "do this for all conflicts" so it only copies the new stuff but it never works for me .it just stops copying .

anyone else have this issue?
or a better way to update your list?

I am assuming you are plugging the phone into the computer via wire. if so...
Try pulling the card from the phone and plug into the computer and copy this way.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I agree that it may not be a Samsung issue, nor an Android issue. But, now we are at least discussing it and helping to answer a member question. Nothing wrong with that.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
another option is to try a music media player. there are plenty available that you can install in windows that will sync your music. I cannot make any suggestions since I have not run windows in years but a simple search will get you a list to try.

OP
s7newb

s7newb

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
galaxy s7 edge
I am assuming you are plugging the phone into the computer via wire. if so...
Try pulling the card from the phone and plug into the computer and copy this way.
yes via the wire to usb .never thought to pull the card .will try next time and update my finding .

thanks