music player that will shuffle within playlists

racinjunkie

Reaction score
Hi all!!

All I want is to be able to shuffle songs within a playlist instead of playing them in the same order everytime. I don't think that can be done with the stock player. When I searched the forum here for players it seems they're going to do really fancy stuff like pull all my music over wirelessely and I don't want that, search for album art and lyrics and I don't want that either, I just want my playlists to not play in the same order everytime... any suggestions?

btw, I have a plain old regular original droid with the latest software update.

serveitup911

Reaction score
MusicMod by Eliot Stocker, found in the market.
Select your playlist -> select the song to start with -> hit the shuffle icon in the upper left

stonedoubt

Reaction score
Hi all!!

All I want is to be able to shuffle songs within a playlist instead of playing them in the same order everytime. I don't think that can be done with the stock player. When I searched the forum here for players it seems they're going to do really fancy stuff like pull all my music over wirelessely and I don't want that, search for album art and lyrics and I don't want that either, I just want my playlists to not play in the same order everytime... any suggestions?

btw, I have a plain old regular original droid with the latest software update.

andAMP (my app) can do that... also... the default music app does have party shuffle as well as shuffle support for playlists... so I am not sure why you think it doesn't

OP
R

racinjunkie

Reaction score
the default music app does have party shuffle as well as shuffle support for playlists... so I am not sure why you think it doesn't

Because I didn't know that one of the icons on the song screen was shuffle and that something on the song screen would pertain to the entire play list... problem solved!