Music Player going to sleep

smiller781

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2 Global. The thing I use the most is my music player on shuffle.
I also bought a Multimedia Docking Station and I used to just set the phone on the Station and the Desk Home Screen for the Multimedia station would stay up for ever and the music would keep playing.

Now all of the sudden the screen goes dim, then goes black and worst of all the music stops all in about 2 minutes.

Yes these are my settings but the docking station used to prevent this.
I have no idea why this started happening. I desparately need help. I can't survive in my work cube without my headphones and music.

Pleeeeeeeeeaaaase help:(

lieblax

Reaction score
Is it just locking or does it just stop working while its unlocked?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
S

smiller781

Reaction score
The screen goes dim, then goes black after a minute as per my display settings. Then after about another minute the music player stops. If I touch the power button, the desk home display is up and all you see is the "Connected to Multimedia station" notification in the status bar. But if you drag the status bar down you see the ongoing Music player and I can restart from there.

If I wait until it goes black but hit the power button before the music player stops then I see the locked screen. On the locked screen, this is wierd, there are VCR controls with the song paused. I can restart the player without dragging the unlock icon.

I don't know what is going on.

But short answer yes, in the end the screen is locked. Somewhat?!?

OP
S

smiller781

Reaction score
OK, I'm a dummy.
The charger got unplugged.

But I still have a problem.
I went out to lunch. While out of the office and away from the charger, I put my music player on shuffle. Same thing. Display dims after about 30 seconds, then goes black. After that the music plays for about 2 minutes. Then its pausing itself. If I click the power button, you see the VCR buttons right on the Screen with the Drag unlock and Drag sound buttons.
Very strange. If I click play, same thing. It will pause again after two minutes.
What's up with that?

soenage

Reaction score
Have you checked if your music application is not in your Auto-end list in Task Manager?

This resolved it for me, I accidentally added the music app to my list.