Music Booster/ Equalizer

cece5702

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good music booster to download from Google Play to enhance listening to music on headphones?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

unAWARE

Reaction score
PowerAMP is great! I've been using it for a few years now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Equelizer and Poweramp!! Okay I will check them out. I just wanted to make sure Poweramp is worth the $5 they are asking for.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
OMG!!!! I love Poweramp!!!! Awesome sound. Music to my ears dancedroiddancedroid!!!! Thanks.

BiGG WiLL

Reaction score
I actually prefer Player Pro

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

rosariorose9

Reaction score
I also use power amp, and equelazer for any music app.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Thanks for the heads up - Great app! Question, though: is there a way to remove the 'EQ' notice from the notifications bar?

Picaso86

Reaction score
Does that have a better sound than Poweramp? Ok... I will check that out too... Thanks :)

I was using double twist but when it comes to sound quality it came out short. I just tried the PowerAMP trial player and it looks like a keeper....

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
And the winner is....................PlayerPro!!!! It sounds better than PowerAmp to me!! Much more user friendly in my opinion. Wish the trial period was more than 7 days but oh well. Looks like a keeper :)

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like PowerAmp as well - will have to check out Player Pro.

Doesn't the Razr have built in settings, like "bass punch" or "bass boost" or items along those lines?

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
I'm not sure but enhancements sure did help. The stock music player needed some serious help. PowerAmp is good but I think PlayerPro might actually work better me..... for now anyway :wink:

LBJay

Reaction score
For those trying PlayerPro you may also want to try the add-on DSP pack.

The DSP pack is required for Android versions prior to 2.3 as there is no support for Audio effects in those versions (Eclair and Froyo).
For 2.3 and later devices, PlayerPro uses by default the built-in Android audio effects. It is thus not mandatory to install the DSP pack. Nevertheless, you may still want to try out the DSP pack for the following reasons:
- You might find the quality of the audio better than the native Android one.
- The performance of the decoding might be superior to the Android one for some or all music formats.
- The DSP pack might be able to playback some files that the Android native pack fails to read.
- The DSP pack offers a 10 band equalizer whereas the Android native audio effects only offer a 5 band equalizer.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tbig.playerpro.soundpack

After trying several my wife chose PlayerPro. (it's my choice also)