multitrack recorder?

B_CRINE!

Reaction score
any word on a multitrack recorder app? Im a musician and I would love to see one!

OP
B

B_CRINE!

Reaction score
apparently there is a hardware issue?

I just received this email from Sonoma Wire works:

Hello Brian,

Currently the hardware on android phones is not capable of performing
multitrack recording. If this changes, we will port our software over.
Thank you for writing,

Daniel C.
- Show quoted text -
--
Sonoma Wire Works Support
[email protected]
Visit the Sonoma Wire Works Forums at:
Support Forums

I'm wondering if this statement is entirely accurate, given that voice recording and other such tasks are definitely doable on android...any thoughts?

nikolatesla20

Reaction score
I think it would be possible, of course it would have to be tested first. I think the DROID would be the best for something like this though because of it's more powerful CPU.

I don't see why this couldn't be done - the "hardest" part is filtering out the current playing part from not being "re-recorded" while recording the next track.

In fact I've though about trying this out anyway..there at one time was a theory going around that you could not record and playback at the same time. That's not true though, I did some tests a few weeks back and it works fine if you do it. I think just most people can't write multithreaded apps correctly :)

-niko

Big D

Reaction score
I would love this, too.

There HAS to be a way around this. The CPU in this thing is about 30 times more powerful than my first computer based system.

Although, I've yet to find anything to record song ideas with even passable audio quality yet so who knows.

nikolatesla20

Reaction score
Hi,

The reason for that may be because nobody that has written a sound recording app has actually had a device. They have probably used the Emulator only. The emulator only supports 8Khz sound.

I've written code for my Droid that records at 22050Khz 16bit and it sounds really good. (This was just test code)

There is a recorder call "Hertz" that can record at higher quality into WAV files. You may want to give that one a try, I think it's also free.

I would work on a recorder but don't have time at the moment :) Waiting for holidays to work on all my other ideas, when I get 3 weeks off full time work..

-niko

Bullwinkle

Reaction score
J4t with headphones. Done. It can only get better.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

stumbleflyx

Reaction score
Have you checked out uloops free and pro version sonoma has been hijacked by apple as well as line 6

Cabazon Ca. Droid X

petesilas

Reaction score
Multitrack recorder for the Android platform - YES we have it!

Hi guys,

First motivated by my needs, and then after read some of these topics i decided to develop a Multitrack recorder for the Android platform. :blackdroid: :blackdroid: :blackdroid:

SongMemo - project
SongMemo is a Free and Living Open Source project.

Screenshot

Imagem_02.png

Features list

• Create new song
  • Open existent song
  • Save song as (rename song)
  • Delete Song
  • 4 independent tracks
  • Rename track
  • Set volume
  • Set balance
  • Mute track
  • Make recordable
  • Position bar indicator
  • Move song position while playing
  • Record track while playing
  • Clean track new
  • Create and update song lyrics new
  • Chage app background onSongTitle longPress new
  • Create low-resolution layout new
  • Create hi-resolution layout new

You can find SongMemo, directly from Android Market or visit the ptoject webpage.

For more info click here

http://joaosantacruz.com/jz2/uk/songmemo