Multitouch keyboard from droid x works on the milestone?

chad_petree

Reaction score
I cant get it to install, it works on the droid and the droid incredible :icon_evil: , has someone managed to make it work on the droid? here it is:

q-ime.apk

FadedSpark

Reaction score
What I noticed is that it's trying to overwrite something that already exists. Hmm.

Probably just the overwrite causing problems. I'll delete the old one and try again if someone tells me how ;)

OP
C

chad_petree

Reaction score
What I noticed is that it's trying to overwrite something that already exists. Hmm.

Probably just the overwrite causing problems. I'll delete the old one and try again if someone tells me how ;)

yes, it seems like it wants to overwrite the default android keyboard , i accept but the installation fails :icon_evil:

ashketchum

Reaction score
Whats so special about this keyboard anyway? I use smart keyboard pro from the market and it supports multi touch too. And so does better keyboard. Both are paid apps though.

If your phone is rooted, try placing the q-ime.apk file in the /system/app/ directory and then reboot your phone. If it gets installed successfully, it should appear in the language and keyboard section along with the original keyboard.

Croak

Reaction score
Works mostly fine on mine, with one issue. No vibration on keypress.

The multi-touch is handy at times, I like the fact that the keys are a little bigger in portrait, and I and like the overall key layout better than say the HTC IME mod, but I don't like the colour scheme (prefer the darker stock keyboard).

OP
C

chad_petree

Reaction score

The multi-touch is handy at times, I like the fact that the keys are a little bigger in portrait, and I and like the overall key layout better than say the HTC IME mod, but I don't like the colour scheme (prefer the darker stock keyboard).

How did u get it to work ? did u use the file i posted ?

dmo580

Reaction score
HTC_IME is the best layout with the best features. Volume rocker cursor movement... Swipes, etc.... it's VERY well refined even though the developer has stopped working on it.

If only it had multitouch, it would be the game changer. Too bad I have to resort to Smart Keyboard Pro.

OP
C

chad_petree

Reaction score
HTC_IME is the best layout with the best features. Volume rocker cursor movement... Swipes, etc.... it's VERY well refined even though the developer has stopped working on it.

If only it had multitouch, it would be the game changer. Too bad I have to resort to Smart Keyboard Pro.

volume rocker cursor movemente? i use the htc keyboard but i dont remember those features =/

iamdarren

Reaction score
its working on my milestone

the software come from www.groupoften.wordpress.com its part of g.o.ts open recovery. must of installed when i re-applied the g.o.t theme. whats the multi touch all about then? seems a very fast keyboard to type with, but the dictionaty keeps guessing my words.... and wrong. so i have a bit more playing about to do until i have got it down.

Croak

Reaction score

Yep, standard copy to SD, Astro install. Replaced the stock Android keyboard.

FadedSpark

Reaction score

Yep, standard copy to SD, Astro install. Replaced the stock Android keyboard.
Your ease of install is annoying.

Mine refuses.

Telus Milestone w/ Root + Root explorer + astro + separate app install = Fail :(

Grawr.

OP
C

chad_petree

Reaction score

Croak

Reaction score
Keep in mind that I had the HTC IME mod and Swype already installed, and the HTC IME was the only KB selected in Settings. May not let you install if you have it selected as the default/optional keyboard. Deselect stock soft keyboard and then try to install.