Multiple email accounts

tilly01

Reaction score
Hi There, Tilly here...Can anyone tell me if you can have more than 2 email accounts (only one being google). I need to have 4 and do not know how to do it.....You can always tell a newbe by the questions!!!...Thanx in advance....t

Stretch2m

Reaction score
You can have as many email accounts as you want. You just need to know the IMAP or POP configuration for each one. I have my Gmail (in the Gmail app), and my Exchange email and Yahoo mail (in the stock Email app). In the Email app just go into the menu and choose Accounts, then Add Account. If you don't know the IMAP or POP settings for your other email accounts, get them from the respective email providers. (Note that Yahoo mail accounts will not work over WiFi, only 3G; other email providers should work with any network.)

ruggybear

Reaction score
I have multiple email accounts on my DX. Most are gmail but some are yahoo. They all sync fine. My problem is I can't figure out how to select which account I want to use to send an email. Sometimes I want to use one and others I want to use a differant one.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Ken

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Use K9. It lets you set up "Identities" so you can change your from account. You can actually use K9 and the gmail app at the same time since gmail uses IMAP.

ruggybear

Reaction score
Contacts

Ok I installed K-9 and initial testing looks like it will do what I want. But how do I get the TO box to bring up my contact list so I can select who I want to send to?

Ken

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
in K9, click the "to box" and then start typing, the contact list comes up directly under that box you are typing in.

ruggybear

Reaction score
Contact list

Thank you so much. It takes a couple of letters for it to get started but solves my issue.

Ken