MS Exchange Mail - alternative to AS?

jleomd

Reaction score
My company hasn't yet approved AS for Exchange Server; they're still checking out the security issues. Is there an app that will allow my desktop to forward all e-mail (including Exchange mail) to my Droid?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
How do you intend for the forwarding to work? Do you mean forwarded to your gmail address or delivered to the Droid so you can reply via the original email addresses?

OP
J

jleomd

Reaction score
Honestly, it doesn't matter, since this would be a temporary fix to allow me to receive e-mail that originates with my company's Exchange Server, until such time as they have installed AS for Exchange Server and support it. I'm sure they'll get there - it's just a question of my not wanting to wait, but not being able to go without receiving my corporate e-mail until AS is up and running.

galaxy1000

Reaction score
I just set mine up as an exchange server and it works great, other than that just auto forward aevery email to your gmail account.

OP
J

jleomd

Reaction score
Thanks, Galaxy1000 - autoforwarding is exactly what I'd like to do, but our corporate exchange server doesn't allow setting this up (for security reasons). I'd like to do that at my desktop (essentially what the old ActiveSync for desktop used to do). Do you know a way?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
autoforwarding is exactly what I'd like to do, but our corporate exchange server doesn't allow setting this up (for security reasons).

Getting about security issues sounds like a great way to become unemployed...

OP
J

jleomd

Reaction score
Great point - but in this case, I'm authorized to view the contents, and actually used to use a desktop redirector (desktop ActiveSync, as I recall) with an old Motorola smartphone before I went with BB. There wasn't an objection to that.

Silver Member
Reaction score
if your company blocks the ability to forward emails to an external account, you will not be able to do it from your desktop.

there are software solutions, such as CompanionLink, which may address your needs.

OP
J

jleomd

Reaction score
They don't block forwarding - they just haven't implemented support of AS for Exchange. I used to forward from my desktop with my old Motorola Q using the included desktop redirector (which I think was a version of ActiveSync, but I'm not completely sure). I'm just wondering if something like that exists for Droid.

galaxy1000

Reaction score
They don't block forwarding - they just haven't implemented support of AS for Exchange. I used to forward from my desktop with my old Motorola Q using the included desktop redirector (which I think was a version of ActiveSync, but I'm not completely sure). I'm just wondering if something like that exists for Droid.

If you use outlook you should be able to auto forward just like an auto response.

MarcR727

Reaction score
Get Touchdown. It can use pretty much any protocol to connect to your network. Activesync, Exchange 2003, Exchange 2007. Aside from that if you need to you could always set up your email as POP or IMAP