Move apks to sd card without root? (also headphone question))

Stormwing

Reaction score
I'm thinking about exchanging my droid for another one as the headphone jack is being dumb...my headphones have a play/pause/call button but now my phone randomly detects the signal wihtout me pressing anything and jumps to party shuffle and stuff. Is my headphone jack busted or is something else happening?

But back on topic, there are some apps that have updates but I don't wanna update them, but even if I backed up everything to google it'd probably still use the most current versions (right?). Is there any way to grab the apks without rooting?

ashkev843

Reaction score
get astro file manager from the market. open it go to tools and it has a app manager that you can use to back them up to your sdcard

OP
S

Stormwing

Reaction score
Oh haha wow, I've been using androzip and just switched to astro a couple days ago, didn't know I was missing out on that much! Thanks a lot :)

MarkDF

Reaction score
get astro file manager from the market. open it go to tools and it has a app manager that you can use to back them up to your sdcard

I understand that one can do this, but I'm not sure why it's necessary. If all market downloads are tracked and will be automatically re-loaded on a new device, why need to backup? For non-market apks, I understand (although presumably you have the apk on your computer already).

Not a big deal, just curious.

OP
S

Stormwing

Reaction score
I don't want the updated versions of some apps :p

Anyone know anything about the headphone issue?

tehpriest

Reaction score
Will this move or copy the apps to the SD card? Will it free up any system ram?