mounting problem

Yota

Reaction score
I had my droid mounted to my pc yesterday and have had it mounted to the pc many times before that. Today I go and nothing. ^\Tired 6 different usb ports and it will not see that I hooked the droid up. I tried a few other electronics and they all hook up to the pc just not my droid.

I tried the droid on my laptop and it mounted fine. I have shut down and restarted my pc and still nothing. I then tried a system restore to a earlier time and it still wont mount. I am at a loss here. Was working yesterday and now nothing.

Any ideas?

Forgot this is windows 7 but laptop has windows 7 also

Last edited:

sddenizen

Reaction score
I don't know what operating system you are using, but I was experiencing the same problem on my Win 7 64-bit desktop. I would connect the Droid, hear the confirming connection sound from my pc, mount the Droid and it would not show up as a separate drive in "computer". I would then go to device manager and I would find that the Droid was installed under disk drives and was "working properly". So what to do?

Well, after playing around with device manager, I found that if you right click on the Droid (under disk drives) and select properties, then click on the "Policies" tab and change the choice from "quick removal" to "better performance", the Droid would then show up as a separate removable drive in "computer".

I have to do this every time I connect my Droid via USB but at least I can now transfer files from my pc to the Droid.

I have no problem with my laptop (also Win 7 64-bit) recognizing my Droid as a disk drive after mounting my Droid. Go figure.

OP
Yota

Yota

Reaction score
Im not getting the sound when you connect it to the pc. I dont get the mount tab on the droid. I get nothing at all. This is windows 7. When I go to device and printers I have a unspecified (1) Motorola A855 and it has the yellow triangle with the !. I have uninstalled it and still when i hook it back up I get nothing. It worked fine yesterday. I mount this everyday to my pc and have since back in January when I got the Droid (work related) and now nothing. It works fine on my laptop that also uses windows 7 but just up and quit on my pc.

Jokerz

Reaction score
I was having the same problems when i was using droidmod 1.0. I just switched to ultimate droid V8.0 and now my phone connects to my cpu everytime. My situation was a little different though bc my phone never connected to my cpu when i was using droidmod and it sounds like your phone was connecting to your cpu at one point and now nothing. Were you using droidmod when your phone was connecting to your cpu?

OP
Yota

Yota

Reaction score
Had DM 1.0 the day it came out. Been rotted since back when they were sholes with 2.0.3

In device stause I am getting:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Jokerz

Reaction score
maybe you should create a nandroid backup and try a different rom and see if that fixes it. if it doesnt you can always go back to your nandroid backup

OP
Yota

Yota

Reaction score
went back to stock and it mounts fine.

OP
Yota

Yota

Reaction score
well I tired 2.0.3, 2.0.5 an 2.0.6 and all worked on laptop but not on pc. went stock and it mounted on both pc and laptop. Just re rooted to DM 1.0 and again nothing on pc but still mounts to laptop :icon_evil:

OP
Yota

Yota

Reaction score
well got it working. Went to settings-applications-development usbdebug and it mounts to the pc now. Don't know why it was working before with out this turned on then not today but still would mount to my laptop but either way its working so all is good.