Motorola's ICS Device Specific Update Plans Released

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
It's finally here folks, Motorola has announced it's device list that will be seeing the 4.0.x aka Ice Cream Sandwich update. The following screen shot comes via Moto's Forums and is a very detailed and comprehensive list. Some users will be disappointed to see that their wait is still a long way off, but at least the news is out there and Moto has made due on their promise to release their schedule as soon as it was available. Without further adieu, the update info is as follows:

motoupdate1.png

motoupdate2.png

motoupdate3.png

motoupdate4.png

Droidram56

Reaction score
The short version - it ain't happening any time soon! Thanks for providing the info, though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Yeah, pretty much what I expected. Motorola screwed me over one too many times, so I jumped ship a while back. :)

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Who said the bionic was getting ics in q2? Where are they now? :biggrin:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So....Verizon customers will get ICS in Q4 then? Haha, I saw this coming.

Who needs ics its not that important. :p I think it may be out earlier but who knows. I know that google needs to do some cleaning or they will continue to see the motorola cell division lose money. Its simple guys you have the best hardware for android all you have to do is give users the ability to unlock their device and give them on time updates. Hopefully since Google and Motorola are one they will be able to help motorola software division.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
hmm why is the motorola razr (international) seeing updates in q2 but in the us droid razr may not see it until possible q3 at the earliest? :frown:

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Most updates don't come earlier than projected, if anything, they usually come late. By time some of these phones get ICS, I'll be running Jelly Bean. Thank God for Nexus devices. Guess my wife won't be getting ICS any time soon. With Google treating Moto totally separate they might not get any help with updates especially since they insist on putting Blur on their phones.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Most updates don't come earlier than projected, if anything, they usually come late. By time some of these phones get ICS, I'll be running Jelly Bean. Thank God for Nexus devices. Guess my wife won't be getting ICS any time soon. With Google treating Moto totally separate they might not get any help with updates especially since they insist on putting Blur on their phones.

At least an early leak of JB by then :happy3:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
hmm why is the motorola razr (international) seeing updates in q2 but in the us droid razr may not see it until possible q3 at the earliest? :frown:

Carrier testing is my guess. International phones always get updates months before their US counterparts.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
Way to screw us all over Moto. I'm glad we have a community of developers working on these phones. It's too bad that Moto locks them. It's not even funny how done I am with this company. Bionic owner here. AWESOME hardware, but barely any support at all. Just ridiculous!! Sticking to google phones next round for sure.