Motorola Xtreme

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
shadow-1-rm-eng.jpg

Bits of information seem to be leaking from all over the web on Motorola's next super phone and here is one more piece to add to the collection. We have heard rumors of the Motorola Droid 2 and Motorola Shadow, but Engadget is now reporting the Motorola Xtreme is born!
We wish we had more detail to give you, but we've gotten reliable word that Verizon will begin testing a new Android-powered device from Motorola next week called the "Xtreme."

I know that's not much to go by, but in Engadget we trust! We are digging for more information, so stay tuned...

Source: Engadget.com

Thanks for the tip Wuyanks!

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
keyboard layout on that looks like it'd be hard to use... they moved a lot of keys from where you'd normally expect to see them.

cb2000a

Reaction score
I thought gamers wanted the d pad on the left? If so why have they not moved it?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea on my droid I play my nintendo emulator upside-down, but it feels so odd... works tho. That phone looks odd, i mean I know its only a 3d render, but its weird... keychain?! yozwers

rkeller62

Reaction score
That is a very old render that most likely bears almost no resemblance to the phones we are talking about. According to some very connected ppl on Howard Forums the Shadow will be the Droid Extreme and is keyboardless. The 'Droid 2' will sport an updated but similar look to the current Droid and will retain a physical keyboard. Both are rumored to be on track for July launch.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yea on my droid I play my nintendo emulator upside-down, but it feels so odd... works tho. That phone looks odd, i mean I know its only a 3d render, but its weird... keychain?! yozwers

I thought gamers wanted the d pad on the left? If so why have they not moved it?

YES!
D-Pad on the left is just natural :)

Stop hating on us left handed people. I liek the R side d pad! haha

and this one looks much more space conscious than ours.
But even the lefties played nintendo with a RS d-pad. :)

It's not right!!!

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
this isn't the time and place, but i don't see the point of a 4 way directional pad anyways...

i rather use QWE
ASD
ShiftZX

for movement in emulated games anyways

microsnook

Reaction score

microsnook

Reaction score
this isn't the time and place, but i don't see the point of a 4 way directional pad anyways...

i rather use QWE
ASD
ShiftZX

Ill give a few examples.
One: going back in a text message and editing before sending it (its hard to use your finger to get it in the exact spot)
Two: in recovery mode, you can navigate the menus...

Those are all I can think of right now.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

i rather use QWE
ASD
ShiftZX

Ill give a few examples.
One: going back in a text message and editing before sending it (its hard to use your finger to get it in the exact spot)
Two: in recovery mode, you can navigate the menus...

Those are all I can think of right now.

oh it's definitely useful for recovery, and also for switching between text boxes :) i was simply talking about emulators