Motorola Updates Their Update Schedule

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-revised-update-schedule.png

It looks like Motorola recently updated the update schedule for their devices. You can see the gist of it in the pic above. The pic is not the complete list, so be sure to hit up the source link below to get al the details. The most notable changes are for the following:
  • ATRIX HD = Jelly Bean in Dec. 2012
  • RAZR HD (Canada) = Jelly Bean in Q1 2013
  • ATRIX HD (Canada) = Jelly Bean in Q1 2013
  • RAZR i = Jelly Bean in Q1 2013
  • XOOM LTE = Jelly Bean in Q1 2013
It's always appreciated that Motorola has such a clear an concise upgrade schedule. Now that Google is running things, perhaps that schedule will be even more concrete from now on. What do you guys think?

Source: Motorola Support

mrjcluey88

Reaction score
i'm a newbie but i need help with my droid x2gb. can somebody help plzzzz

hotice

Reaction score
They're off to a good start with their three new Razr's...much better than they did with the Razr a year ago.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
A really nice moto news article would discuss Moto announcing their own Nexus device..

This this this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wish I could tell my boss that our projects will be done, and give no specific time-frame for the completion. :rating00:

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
Lame!

This is no update schedule. This is just a table telling me my phone will be upgraded..........BUT WHEN?!?!:cus:

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
Didn't moto promise jelly bean before 2013 for the HD's?

sent from my leaked ics bionic using tapatalk 2

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Razr HD's are already getting JB in US. Foreign HD's apparently are slated for Jan 2013. I had to look twice at the list, too.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is no update schedule. This is just a table telling me my phone will be upgraded..........BUT WHEN?!?!:cus:

They tried update schedules. It didn't work, they missed the dates. They are probably holding off until further into the development cycle to commit to a date.

GigaJake

Reaction score
I like how Moto tries to sound like it's been active by listing when they updated my Droid 4 to ICS. I don't care, give me a time table for Jellybean...

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like how Moto tries to sound like it's been active by listing when they updated my Droid 4 to ICS. I don't care, give me a time table for Jellybean...

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

Again, the engineering build hasn't even leaked yet. The time table will come around once they can get a good idea of what needs to be done. Punit Soni said they are going to be setting more realistic update timeframes from here on out, and the only way to do that is to get a realistic idea of what you're looking at in terms of testing/debugging/fixing.