Motorola to release 2Ghz phone by end of year

J

JohnDroid

motorola-logo.jpg

It's not too often that a CEO of a tech company drops interesting tidbits of future releases.... instead, they prefer to be a bit more tight lipped and let the marketing and PR department handles those controlled leaks.

Sanjay Jha the CEO of Motorola though recently let a nugget free. According to him, Motorola will release a device that operates at 2Ghz or higher by the end of this year. That's not too far away folks. When pressed for more information he decided to clam up a bit more. Another source inside Motorola went on to talk a bit about what this phone will offer and it will "incorporate everything that is technologically possible in a smartphone today."

I can't imagine much more being packed into these phones but I'm all ears.

Source: Motorola to release 2Ghz phone by end of year - Android Forum

bje1982

Reaction score
Thats it I quit.. Everytime I get the "latest and greatest" it only takes about a week and theres something better. lol j/k I cant wait to see what the smartphones will be like soon weve already seen leaps and bounds in the past couple years. dancedroid

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i wonder what chipset will be used. looking at the ti omap and snapdragon roadmaps, there's no sign of 2ghz chips... some dual-cores, others where their architecture has been significantly shrunk, but no 2ghz...

maybe... a different chipset entirely? intel atom perhaps? anyone with more knowledge than me, thoughts??

SR20S13

Reaction score
sweeettttt right when my 1 year contract goes up, god how do i love 1 year contracts prob. the best thing anyone has ever invented!!!!!

oo yeah prob. the droid pro, goes along with what everyone is saying...... prob. a LTE phone can't wait to pay for something that i won't have in my area for 2 years haha

tktouch12

Reaction score
this would be so amazing. i wanted sense ui in my next phone, but if htc cant compare to these specs i will easily pay $600 to buy this without extending my contract. everything in it is amazing.

brando56894

Reaction score
Its going to be an Nvidia Tegra, I read it over on either phandroid or engadget. Im going to guess that the battery life is going to be about an hour or two lol

bizzshow

Reaction score
If this is the Droid pro that he's talking about I have no problem waiting Froyo has me content with my Droid

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its going to be an Nvidia Tegra, I read it over on either phandroid or engadget. Im going to guess that the battery life is going to be about an hour or two lol

forget about the Tegra!

must be w/ a Cortex A9 core... man i can't wait!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
yea, I want this....

And if it uses 32nm technology, battery life wont be so bad...(I hope 32nm makes it out by then....)

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Perhaps it is two 1Ghz Snaps combined in one phone, hence 2Ghz.

Wouldn't be the first time someone played with marketing ...

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I think they just released the info to openly instigate Apple to step up its game. I can only assume fair competition, however you go about it, must exist, otherwise you create a monopoly. Expect Apple to come out with something on par with this device around the same time.

Diordna

Reaction score
Droid. Droid INCREDIBLE!!!! Droid 2!!? Droid XTREME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rawr!!!

Now they have to make it more dramatic sounding than XTREEEEEME!!!!!!!!!!! when someone answers a question about what phone you have.