Motorola T605, Motorola droid, and Saturn meet

tdpolo26

Reaction score
so for any of you that wanted a in car system that doesnt stink AKA parrot and isnt a fortune i have found the t605 to be very cheap on ebay and other places. Problem being is there is little to no support for it. The directions are absolute crap when you read them and CS is literally non existent. However i found good resources for my install.
First off i am not going to lie i brought it to best buy i actually now the install guy but even he said to do some homework ahead of time to get this up and running well.

WARNINGs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1) my onstar currently sounds like crap but i dont care and can be corrected by taking the harness out.
2) factory wire colors do not match aftermarket colors all colors described are factory colors
3) right now this only works with onstar or radios that have telephone inconnects and mute wire

So here goes if you have a GM with onstar these directions may most likely work. First off i have a 2006 saturn vue with a very stock cd player. I recieved my kit and the adapter that is supposed to be plug and play is crap cut it off but save the tags on it you will need them. So to start by the quick connects adapter ( nothing adapts to it but it is better then cutting your stock wires its about 50 bucks including rush shipping. so the adapter has the plugs to go between the radio and the factory harness and then it has two plugs that when you use a parrot cuts mutes the radio and turns on the phone system. connect the male speaker plug to the female and for get about it (you bought this to hack it apart. You can now tag into the power and all that good stuff. he may have run a seperate power ( you are really on your own there the best buy guy did that) so to hook up the phone portion you have to TRACE!!!! ( and i mean trace the adapter colors are not the same as the factory harness!!!)find the pink/black wire that is your line level positive find the orange and black wire and that is your line neg and lastly find the yellow black and that is your radio mute (this is how it switches the radio to phone mode when you press the onstar button). so if you have gotten this far go ahead and plug in your black plug into your motorola ecu. try it out if it works great i feel as though i have helped someone if it hasnt call SATURN and ask what wires are the onstar wires that go into the radio. Now a problem that i ran into the radio would switch back on if there was a pause in the connection (I admit we did not have the motorola ecu securely plugged in so that was most likely the problem didnt realize till after we did the next step). the install guy went ahead and through a constant 12 volt relay on the mute wire going into the radio. after that we discovered that the plug was not in far enough and everything worked but since it was all installed we went with it.
Ok you have that all working. Now for the music side. i thought that music would pipe through the input i just created alas i was very very wrong you need to install the audio adapter thing that comes with it which has the red and white mono jacks that plug into the back of the radio or get a fm transmitter and hardline it through the antenna jack (but that is a different story and i didnt do that) I like many people on stock radios did not have the luxury of mono audio input jacks on the back. However what i did have was a wonderful 3.5mm jack which i got a splitter and ran my audio to it.
So now i can hear my music from my phone throughout the whole car. My navigation easily announces and my phone is so clear people did not realize that i was in my car.
Few notes
-----I put my microphone up side down on the bottom of the rear view mirror those onstar mirrors have a wide bottom and there is little to no ambient noise up there (aka air vents windors rattling)
-----I got a braketron mount with a goose neck its great and can swivel all around and for those of you who say my phone wont go into car mode with out the window mount wrong again a small washer magnet facing the right direction (which is how the droid mount works) flips it into car mode. so that you can see things in landscape mode.
------i had bestbuy install a hardwired power adapter to the mount
::::::::::::at some point if anyone wants i will post a picture of what it looks like installed contact me if you
have any questions

oh and anyone that can figure this out (and i am sure i can figure it out tommorow)
when i hold down the green button for 2 secs and i speak a name it doesnt find and call the person but that is the only thing i havent figured out yet.
****figured this out it doesnt come out till 2.1***

oh prices
braketron mount 30.99 at best buy
T605 29.99 from some retailer
qgcm-4 harness 46.95 from shoppingtele.com
bestbuy install service 80.00 with my guide here and a little know how you can prolly do it yourself

Attachments

• DSCN0451.JPG
    DSCN0451.JPG
    398.6 KB · Views: 741
  • DSCN0452.JPG
    DSCN0452.JPG
    361 KB · Views: 554
  • DSCN0453.JPG
    DSCN0453.JPG
    827.9 KB · Views: 670
  • DSCN0455.JPG
    DSCN0455.JPG