Motorola Droid X - Available July 15th

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
droid-x-price-launch.jpg

The Motorola Droid X will be available July 15th for a bargain price of $199.99 after a $100 rebate. According to the Verizon's press conference, they will be accelerating upgrade dates for everyone. If your eligible for an upgrade in 2010, you will have the option to upgrade to the Motorola Droid X at launch and receive the good pricing. The data plan will continue at normal $29.99 rate. To take advantage of the mobile hotspot feature, and the ability to connect (Teather) up to 5 devices, there will be an additional $20 charge.

I know I'll be line to get one, let us know if you will! dancedroid

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stratton says the data overage for tethering will be 5 cents a megabyte. "Have all the megabytes you can stand."

(on top of the $20 for 2gigs of tethering initially, of course)

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm all over this one

I'm a HUUUUUUGGE fan of a eyboard phone but i gots to get this one... it's the sickest phone out PERIOD!!!

wg0649

Reaction score
So do I wait for my HTC Incredible to ship or cancel that and get the X ?? Help!?!?!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So do I wait for my HTC Incredible to ship or cancel that and get the X ?? Help!?!?!

I'd cancel and get the X. But that depends upon if you don't mind carrying a rather large device.

Anyway, the Incredible is discontinued. Have you not heard?

phatkat66

Reaction score
Even if you dont get the 20$ Hotspot feature, can't you use the apps and (when it comes) the rooted methods to wifi tether for...free?

B

b16a2smith

I'd cancel and get the X. But that depends upon if you don't mind carrying a rather large device.

Anyway, the Incredible is discontinued. Have you not heard?

I would like to see where it states it is cancelled. Can you point me a link?

Reaction score
Stratton says the data overage for tethering will be 5 cents a megabyte. "Have all the megabytes you can stand."

(on top of the $20 for 2gigs of tethering initially, of course)

If Verizon sticks with the standard data tier, its 5gigs of Tethering. It's not meant for heavy usage, and we tell people that all the time.