Motorola Droid Update Continues Through Sept 4

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
frg22-update-9410.jpg

If you haven't received the latest update for the Droid that allows you to install Flash from the marketplace, your not alone. According to a recent post on Droid-Life, the FRG22D roll out will continue all the way through September 4th.
A new version of Android OS 2.2 (Froyo) maintenance release 4 (MR4) began the over the air (OTA) update to customers on 8/26. Adobe Flash Player 10.1 will be available via the Android marketplace with this update. All Droid customers should receive the update to MR4 by 9/4.

Source: Droid-Life.com

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know WHY the Droid 1 update is the ONLY one not to have Flash preinstalled? My guess is due to the rather large memory footprint of Flash, they wanted to make it an optional download rather than force it on people; but another part of me wants to say that it's due to the Droid 1 being a "Google Experience" device. Wonder if that's what the dispute with Adobe was regarding?

jnic

Reaction score
The last update rendered my sirius radio app useless. After editing build.prop got it to work. Received another update today but did not install. Is this update going to screw up more apps?

thedefectkid

Reaction score
I still can't believe its taking them this long for them to release this over the air when roms have had it for over a month. Step you game up Moto and VZ

ziggy1016

Reaction score
Exchange Issues

Just got the update this morning and it is asking me for some pretty serious access from Exchange:

For example: Ability to wipe the device remotely.

What does this mean? Does my company now have access to wipe my device? Do I now have access to wipe my device remotely if I lose it?

If so, how do I access these additional features?

Snoking

Reaction score
Would someone that received FRG22D OTA please post the baseband and kernel info from sttings, about phone. Chris

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I still can't believe its taking them this long for them to release this over the air when roms have had it for over a month. Step you game up Moto and VZ

Never thought I'd be defending either one of these companies but I digress...

What you have to understand is that these are multi-billion dollar companies; they can't really afford to lose millions of dollars releasing flawed software to millions of consumers. This means having to rigorously test their products and endure an approval and analysis process that goes across more channels than either of us can probably imagine before finally being able to push out even the most minuscule update. A lot of the wait is likely just preparation, and even then things don't always go according to plan.

Rom makers on the other hand are likely just as smart as the hacks at these large corporations, with the difference being they are self funded and they have a smaller market. I can release a rom before the big boys, and it's up to you whether or not you want to download it. If it's flawed, oh well, hope it didn't brick your phone and I'll fix it later; if it works well, then great. Big corporations don't typically roll dice so if playing it safe means pissing you off, then pissed off you will be. ;)

Hiker5208

Reaction score
Admins will be able to wipe your device remotely theoretically. It also enforces other security like having to use a PIN or pattern to get into your phone each time. I found that out when I did my update. It really is just enabling stuff that really should have been there all along.

Just got the update this morning and it is asking me for some pretty serious access from Exchange:

What does this mean? Does my company now have access to wipe my device? Do I now have access to wipe my device remotely if I lose it?

ziggy1016

Reaction score
Can I be an admin of my own phone? I would like the ability to perform a remote wipe if I ever lose my phone.

...or is my company's exchange server admin the only one that has this access? (this is my personal phone that my company allows me to access my work e-mail on)

Admins will be able to wipe your device remotely theoretically. It also enforces other security like having to use a PIN or pattern to get into your phone each time. I found that out when I did my update. It really is just enabling stuff that really should have been there all along.

Hiker5208

Reaction score
The exchange server admin would be the only person to do it this way. I think there are some apps out there that would allow the entire device to be wiped remotely if needed by a trigger word text message. Take a look around as I do not remember any specifically.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still have the FRG22D update sitting on my desk top. I wouldn't wait for an OTA really, this is just a patch. If you do it yourself less chance of something going wrong.