Motorola Droid Ultra & Droid Maxx in Verizon Retail Stores Now

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-does-ultra-maxx-540.jpg

Here's a quick reminder that the new Motorola Droid Ultra & Droid Maxx are on Verizon retail shelves now. You can grab the Ultra for $199.99 on a new VZW contract, and the Maxx goes for $299.99 on the same two-year agreement. If you choose to get either device online instead of VZW physical stores, the phones will ship on August 27th.

As a quick aside, the Droid Mini will be coming August 29th. Sound off which one of these devices you are most looking forward to pocketing.

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Hoping for the Maxx. Got my hands on one yesterday and it felt real nice and smooth on the outside as well as the inside. I would like to have seen an HDMI and an SD slot, but the lack of these are not deal breakers for me. Just waiting for others to chime in their experiences,like the camera for instance.

WolfR1

Reaction score
Hoping for the Maxx. Got my hands on one yesterday and it felt real nice and smooth on the outside as well as the inside. I would like to have seen an HDMI and an SD slot, but the lack of these are not deal breakers for me. Just waiting for others to chime in their experiences,like the camera for instance.

I am myself trying to decide between the Ultra Maxx and the GS4 and was in a Verizon store yesterday. Both phone felt nice and light (compared to my current Droid Bionic) but the GS4 seemed smoother, especially where the camera was concerned. While I'm leaning more toward the GS4 the Maxx does seem like a nice phone.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
The Mini was on display and available for sale yesterday (Tuesday) at both Verizon stores where I live. I asked if I could buy one now and was told I could.

condony

Reaction score
Heres a great tip for all of you droid fans wirefly is selling droid maxx for inly 199 new or upgrade you can walk into bestbuy mobile and theyll price match I have the s4 right now but I don't think I like the battery life enough to keep it I'm waiting on my droid maxx thru bestbuy mobile for only 199 I hate that I'm losingmy sd slot tv remote and quadcore also the1080p screen but the droid maxx had no lag what so ever .. must be the x8 system

camaro1173

Reaction score
Has anyone had luck with getting Best Buy to match Wirefly in the past or on this pricing on the new Droid maxx?
I am really interested to know because I am going to give it a try tonight at my locale best buy store, just looking for a little info on how other people have made out trying to get them to match the price.
Any feed back is welcome and thank you

camaro1173

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I went down and ordered it to night and they said keep the print out and bring it back when phone arrives and they will price match at that time.

autostart26

Reaction score
should I get a s4 or the new droid maxx switched my iPhone 5 for a droid dna always had iPhone but with jobs gone there gonna go downhill and my mom n has ask like it tell me what you think

s4 or droid maxx

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
I to am thinking about getting a Droid Maxx. Only thing is I am still on my unlimited data plan. I switched my wife to the 2gb plan when I upgraded her phone from a Rezound to the s4. She was passed about it at first but learned to always use wifi when it's available. Me on the other hand don't have a problem with switching to 2gb plan. I never use over 500mb a month cause I am always at home.

Anyways, I am currently using my note 2 which I love but it's kind of big and the gps is really wacky at times. Wonder if it's even worth using my upgrade.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I to am thinking about getting a Droid Maxx. Only thing is I am still on my unlimited data plan. I switched my wife to the 2gb plan when I upgraded her phone from a Rezound to the s4. She was passed about it at first but learned to always use wifi when it's available. Me on the other hand don't have a problem with switching to 2gb plan. I never use over 500mb a month cause I am always at home.

Anyways, I am currently using my note 2 which I love but it's kind of big and the gps is really wacky at times. Wonder if it's even worth using my upgrade.

I tell everyone this, sell your unlimited data account on ebay. I sold mine for $200. Along with my old phone, I ended up with $420 in my hand and then a shiny phone!