Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Dont know if this has been posted or not..

Using an app from GLBenchmark, the guys over at Android and Me have taken the 4 big dogs of the Android world and matched them up in a head-to-head battle over graphics performance. When I say the big dogs, I mean the EVO 4G, Nexus One, Droid Incredible and the 7 month old Motorola Droid. Who wins? Your Motorola Droid of course. Even with a meager 550MHz processor and just 256MB of RAM, our baby is still the best thanks to a fantastic GPU that HTC products can’t seem to compete with.
Video action:
[video=youtube;BEAWmSB1P8w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEAWmSB1P8w&feature=player_embedded[/video]

So if the original Droid can still hang with the best of them, what about the Droid 2 and Xtreme that should be out next month? Can you say, “Moto Takeover”?
Oh and feel free to download the GL Benchmark app and run your own tests. Let’s see what kind of scores we can put up with our new Froyo Droids!
Cheers Wade!

Motorola Droid Takes Down Nexus One, EVO, Incredible in Graphics Battle | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

astronaut

Reaction score
I got 5.5 and 38.9. I'm running BB 0.1 and ChevyNo1 1.25 7-slot (but throttled back to 1.0 to preserve batt).

mcapozzi

Reaction score
I think the GPU and the CPU are separate on the Droid, so it shouldn't matter what the phone is overclocked to, all Droids should run approximately the same since this is a GPU benchmark only.

-Mike

shmoo

Reaction score
Running Onix rom with Chevy 1.2ghz
HD Es 40.9fps
Pro Es 6.0fps

Taegost

Reaction score
I think the GPU and the CPU are separate on the Droid, so it shouldn't matter what the phone is overclocked to, all Droids should run approximately the same since this is a GPU benchmark only.

-Mike

Yeah, and their posted numbers aren't that much off what was in the OP. Overclocking may help with the computational overhead, but the difference would be negligible.

rbbrock

Reaction score
5.2 & 38.9 fps here, running Bugless 0.1 (froyo) with P3 1.25 gHz kernel - looks like the test is successful at being a pure GPU benchmark, seeing as how close these all are.

xXbrick84Xx

Reaction score
6.0 and 38.9 on BB v0.1 Overclocked to 1.2Ghz :) CPU speed doesn't really matter for these tests though....

Brick

kristoff125

Reaction score
So uhh, how do we overclock the GPU, I think that's the next job to keep our phone up to par with the new ones over the next year or so.

phrost211

Reaction score
GLBenchmark PRO ES 1.1 (5.3 Fps)
GLBenchmark HD ES 1.1 (40.3 Fps)