Motorola Droid RAZR launching early November for $299.99

mach330

Reaction score
i wonder how thin the "hump" is compare to the bionic/dx*.

now i'm torn. gotta wait for the g-nex announcment tonight. if the g-nex is too big for my taste, i might have to go with this since my only complaint with bionic was the pentile and they fixed that. sweet. gotta love choices.

steveky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I cautiously say I want this to replace my D1, just like I said I wanted the Bionic. I held out because D1 did what I needed it to, but did it slow. I understand some people couldn't wait because their phones died out and NEEDED a replacement. I probably would have too if my D1 crapped out. I held off on the Bionic because I DID noticed the pixelation on the screen and I expected more from the camera. RAZR looks and sounds really good. But again, I'll wait for user reviews before I retire my D1. Besides, I'll be out of the country for most of Nov. Just my thoughts. :)

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Who waits for official updates anyway? o_O I was running gingerbread before people knew what gingerbread was! ;) The devs will probably have ics up on this soon! :)

Edit: in no way does that mean i'm actually getting it... Just to clarify... ;)

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!

Yea, I had the GB leak first week of April. Quite a while before the OTA finally came!

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Ok, I will agree here; we are a world of the Joneses and nothing kills your status like not having the latest and greatest everything.

I agree my statement did come off as "keep up-ish". The main reason I'm looking for an NFC capable phone is that I think it would be cool to keep $100-$200 of "walking money" on my phone to use when out and about town. There are several other uses for NFC besides syncing and purchases. There is a good possibility that NFC would allow for some additional really cool features, and I'd like to take advantage of them without having to buy a phone before my contract is up.

It's not about what NFC does for you RIGHT NOW, but rather what it will/could do in a short 6-12 months from now. I honestly think NFC will be a "must have" future hardware with more of an impact than, let's say, front facing cameras.

jonnhatch

Reaction score
I MUST OWN IT. Hopefully will be able to root it so i can get my wifi tether shortly after the phone comes out haha.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
not to be random but Motorola Droid RAZR unveiled: LTE, 4.3-inch qHD Super AMOLED display, available November for $299 -- Engadget Engadget thinks the processor is a Ti Omap 4430. What the rumors say about the nexus is that its a 4460. Which would mean nexus has a leg up. Im not sure if thats just Engadget applying rumor to official spec to be more specific but i cannot find any other sights confirming the processor and the official release doesn't say. The signifigance of that is OMAP™ 4 Platform - OMAP4430/OMAP4460
OMAP™ 4 Key Benefits

• Designed to drive smartphones, tablets and other multimedia-rich mobile devices
  • IVA 3 hardware accelerators enable full HD 1080p, multi-standard video encode/decode
  • Faster, higher-quality image and video capture with digital SLR-like imaging up to 20 megapixels
  • Dual-core ARM® Cortex™-A9 MPCore™ with Symmetric Multiprocessing (SMP)
  • Integrated POWERVR™ SGX540 graphics accelerator drives 3D gaming and 3D user interfaces
  • Highly optimized mobile applications platform
  • OMAP4430 operates at up to 1 GHz
  • OMAP4460 operates at up to 1.5 GHz
Motorola would be overclocking a processor designed for 1ghz....the nexus which is rumored at 4460 will be designed at 1.5 and under clocked. Sorry to get in the nitty gritty but im a nerd like that. I bet the processor for the razr is 4460 though... if i had to ignore engadgets post.
**Also to the people saying this is basically the bionic in a different shell, if it does have the 4460 then come-on how many differences are you going to throw out to say that? The bionic has a 4430.

Last edited:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
not to be random but Motorola Droid RAZR unveiled: LTE, 4.3-inch qHD Super AMOLED display, available November for $299 -- Engadget Engadget thinks the processor is a Ti Omap 4430. What the rumors say about the nexus is that its a 4460. Which would mean nexus has a leg up. Im not sure if thats just Engadget applying rumor to official spec to be more specific but i cannot find any other sights confirming the processor and the official release doesn't say. The signifigance of that is OMAP™ 4 Platform - OMAP4430/OMAP4460
OMAP™ 4 Key Benefits

• Designed to drive smartphones, tablets and other multimedia-rich mobile devices
  • IVA 3 hardware accelerators enable full HD 1080p, multi-standard video encode/decode
  • Faster, higher-quality image and video capture with digital SLR-like imaging up to 20 megapixels
  • Dual-core ARM® Cortex™-A9 MPCore™ with Symmetric Multiprocessing (SMP)
  • Integrated POWERVR™ SGX540 graphics accelerator drives 3D gaming and 3D user interfaces
  • Highly optimized mobile applications platform
  • OMAP4430 operates at up to 1 GHz
  • OMAP4460 operates at up to 1.5 GHz
Motorola would be overclocking a processor designed for 1ghz....the nexus which is rumored at 4460 will be designed at 1.5 and under clocked. Sorry to get in the nitty gritty but im a nerd like that. I bet the processor for the razr is 4460 though... if i had to ignore engadgets post.
**Also to the people saying this is basically the bionic in a different shell, if it does have the 4460 then come-on how many differences are you going to throw out to say that? The bionic has a 4430.

I doubt the Razr has the 4460. I just watched a vid on it and it doesnt look any faster than my DB. Also, a NenaMark1 benchmark score was released a while back and I beat that score with the DB.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
If the Razr has the 4430 then blah it, its not the best of the best. Best of the best until the nexus is announced later today. ;) When i tinker with my nexus ill be happy to have a processor designed to run at high speeds. not designed to run at lower speeds. Im not saying these arnt desgned to be overclocked, as i bet they are but i bet the processor will run cooler at 1.2 on the 4460 then the overclocked 4430. Possessor temp is important to me. What saddens me is now an expensive watch thing(600mhz) has a faster clock speed as an out of the box d1(550mhz). Im not sure what that watch is running but i can imagine it is either slightly overclocked or slightly underclocked. wouldn't it be funny if it ran the same processor as the d1?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also after viewing a few videos, just as a thought, the bezel of the phone is thicker than i thought. It maybe thin, but if you look i think they just made it up in the width. I love the screen as it moves away from pentile lines, but it does look rathe rfat in hands. Not that a 4.6 inch screen from nnexus will be better.