Motorola Droid Messed Up Real Bad

ntstrini

Reaction score
So I have the first Motorola Droid and my phone was routed. The Rom ran fine until a program tried to update, then it was always crashing. I tried installing other Rom's and it was just crash during the installation. So I got into the ClockWork Recovery (power & x) told it to do a factory reset and whipe out everything.

It did that, but now the problem is, there is no software on the phone. When I boot it it just loads the Motorola (white M) and than just reboots. If I get into the ClockWork Recovery, there isn't anything I can do from that menu. It can't unzip any files. Just keep erasing what's not there.

Can anybody help me get this phone at least back to stock or something?

spillner

Reaction score
So I have the first Motorola Droid and my phone was routed. The Rom ran fine until a program tried to update, then it was always crashing. I tried installing other Rom's and it was just crash during the installation. So I got into the ClockWork Recovery (power & x) told it to do a factory reset and whipe out everything.

It did that, but now the problem is, there is no software on the phone. When I boot it it just loads the Motorola (white M) and than just reboots. If I get into the ClockWork Recovery, there isn't anything I can do from that menu. It can't unzip any files. Just keep erasing what's not there.

Can anybody help me get this phone at least back to stock or something?

Did you make a backup through recovery that you can load into?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
use rsd lite 2.01 and manually install 2.1 that will get you to stock.

see my sig under bricked 2.2 ota, its the same method to fix your situation.

spillner

Reaction score
use rsd lite 2.01 and manually install 2.1 that will get you to stock.

see my sig under bricked 2.2 ota, its the same method to fix your situation.

This will fix your problem. Your phone can always be saved as long as you can get into recovery.