Motorola Droid Bionic Release Date?

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While an exact date hasn't been confirmed yet.. I'm guessing/hoping we'll see this device hit by the end of February.. What do you think?

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
They're gonna make us wait for this one. And I think it will drop right around the time the Droid X reaches EOL. Which is in March. My guess first or second week of April which would put it right at the beginning of Q2.

John18

Reaction score
as of right now i have an early upgrade. bought the moto droid in november 09. will i be able to upgrade in say march/april when these new phones start hitting the market. i'm asking because of the new upgrade policy ???

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
as of right now i have an early upgrade. bought the moto droid in november 09. will i be able to upgrade in say march/april when these new phones start hitting the market. i'm asking because of the new upgrade policy ???

As of right now you are eligible for an annual upgrade at an upgrade cost.

This is how the new upgrade policy works.

1. All customers who activate / upgrade on a qualifying plan prior to January 16th, 2011 are enrolled in NE2 (New Every 2) and eligible to use the NE2 discount for up to six months from the date they become eligible.

2. Any customer who uses an NE2 credit or Annual Upgrade after January 16, 2011 will no longer be eligible for either program. On March 6, 2011, VZW systems will be updated to reflect this.

4. Business customers continue to receive either the two-year corporate matrix tiered device pricing or two-year retail device pricing per contract.

5. Customers will now be eligible for promotional pricing after 20 months on a 2-year contract and 10 months on a 1-year contract.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

I'm in the same boat as you. Looking at the new policy I'm hoping it'll be OK, but we won't be able to do that next time (assuming a 2-year contract).

John18

Reaction score

1. All customers who activate / upgrade on a qualifying plan prior to January 16th, 2011 are enrolled in NE2 (New Every 2) and eligible to use the NE2 discount for up to six months from the date they become eligible.

2. Any customer who uses an NE2 credit or Annual Upgrade after January 16, 2011 will no longer be eligible for either program. On March 6, 2011, VZW systems will be updated to reflect this.

4. Business customers continue to receive either the two-year corporate matrix tiered device pricing or two-year retail device pricing per contract.

5. Customers will now be eligible for promotional pricing after 20 months on a 2-year contract and 10 months on a 1-year contract.

haha still a little confused. so will i be able to upgrade at the upgrade cost when these phones become available. ???

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

haha still a little confused. so will i be able to upgrade at the upgrade cost when these phones become available. ???

From the way they word it yes, but that is the last time you will be able to do an early upgrade. You will have to wait a minimum of 20 months to upgrade again. That is unless you add a line like alot of us have done.

humungus

Reaction score
Fiscal year quarter 2 is from the beginning of January to the end of March...

Lynx

Reaction score
Fiscal year quarter 2 is from the beginning of January to the end of March...

They said Q2 2011 though not Q2 of the fiscal year.... I was completely sold on the HTC Thunderbolt until I saw this, now I'm not sure which to get. The HTC will probably be single core processor, but this could have a locked bootloader... decisions decisions lol

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
April 5th which is a tuesday is my best guestimate. I don't think they will draw out this release and prolong it. People are chomping at the bit now.

DroidCoug

Reaction score
April 5th which is a tuesday is my best guestimate. I don't think they will draw out this release and prolong it. People are chomping at the bit now.

I agree with this guess. Especially since all of the prior "Droids" have been released on a Tuesday. Along with all the current android smartphones' EOL is March 31.

Droid101

Reaction score

I agree with this guess. Especially since all of the prior "Droids" have been released on a Tuesday. Along with all the current android smartphones' EOL is March 31.

If I had to guess I would agree with april. But if I had it my way it would be 1/7/11:)

uga81

Reaction score

If I had to guess I would agree with april. But if I had it my way it would be 1/7/11:)

Same here, I want it now.