Motorola Droid - Android 2.2 - Custom ROMs and Kernels

Kershaw

Reaction score
Phone: Motorola Droid
Android Version: 2.2 (manually installed from google server link)
Build: FRG01B
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-g103d848android-build@apa26 #1
Baseband Version: C_01.43.01P
Root Status: Rooted using One click root with Easy Root (i will probably regret not manually doing this later)

I recently manually installed the stock Froyo (2.2) from a link I found to the google servers off a website. Things are running fine, but I want to explore using different custom rom's and kernels so I can get additional features and overclock my cpu. I have tried to look through the forum to find information but could not find what I was looking for. I was wondering if someone could refer me to the right thread(s) on this forum or a link to a different site or forum.

I'm looking for discussions of the following:
1) installing custom roms
2) installing kernels
2) any precautions i should take before attempting the above two
3) having backups of my current rom or other apps/data incase my attempt fails
4) information on what roms and kernels work best together with the droid?
5) is this even possible yet on droid using rooted stock android 2.2
5) any additional information you think i should know before digging into this stuff.

I don't know if anyone is going to read this thread or reply since it's part of the "new member" thread. Thanks in advance for any help.

Kershaw

kennydied23

Reaction score
Click the link in my sig. There's links to every froyo rom and you can look at all of them to see which one you want. You can also read about backing up before installing a new rom and you can read about rooting too.