Motorola Droid 2 has ROOT!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
droid2-root.jpg

The Motorola Droid 2 has been rooted! Woo-Hoo! If you command full control over your phone and have been bummed for the last 2 weeks with your new Motorola Droid 2 then today is your lucky day. The folks over at XDA have posted the complete step by step to achieve root. This process is a little more involved then the usual 1 click and root programs. However, with this accomplishment I'm sure it's not to far behind. There is not a SBF file available at the moment, so please take extra caution. Your phone could sit for a bit if it becomes bricked.

Follow the orginial thread here: XDA Developers

Discuss it on DroidForums.net here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-rooted-help/74579-how-root-droid-2-a.html#post772019

Warning: Modding your phone can result in complete failure of the device. DroidForums.net is not responsible for any damage that can be caused.

LT*

Reaction score
I'll mention this to my wife, but I'm not sure she'll let me start messing with her new baby just yet.

Droidfish

Reaction score
Woot, now I just need an sbf file and all my favorite devs to get to work on the droid 2 before my upgrade is here:)

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I at the edge ready to jump! I've been holding off and if this all develops into actual ROM's and such I have to go get the D2.

But I think it will be like the DX root and thats it for awhile. Please I hope they prove me wrong. NO no they will I just hope it happens fast.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is it easy to root? Never done rooting before.

The adb method is long and requires a lot of input. If you are unsure I am sure universal androot or some one button root will be out real soon.

Pandemic187

Reaction score
Does rooting allow anything notable aside from wi-fi tether and custom ROMs?

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
Does rooting allow anything notable aside from wi-fi tether and custom ROMs?

it allows access to system files the customs roms are because of a custom recovery

so you can theme your phone (not recommended with out a custom recovery) wifi tether and some other cool things