motorola atrix 4G + view profile link on facebook under contacts

rhilario

Reaction score
basically if you go under contacts and click on one of your facebook contacts there is a link that reads "view profile" and when clicked it takes me to my main page... it used to just go to that actual profile.

what am i doing wrong? or do i need to change certain settings?

ps first time user, hope i did this right.

Thanks,
rose

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I from what I have heard Facebook merged the touch site and the mobile site into one with the last update. This might be causing the problem.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
R

rhilario

Reaction score
thank you, i am looking into it right now... although i dont think this is the case??

OP
R

rhilario

Reaction score
i looked into it and i dont think its the case... how frustrating

AtrixBogie

Reaction score
i looked into it and i dont think its the case... how frustrating

I had the same issue and noticed that if you remove #/ from the url, you link to the correct profile.

I called Motorola to report the problem/solution. Over the next 4 days I received the following advice from Level 2 technical support:
- update your software
- send the phone in for repair
- delete Motoblur account, recreate Motoblur account
- create another Motoblur account
- this is how it's supposed to work
- wait for a new release
- unlink Facebook Motoblur, replace with Facebook for Android
- perform a factory reset
- change your data plan
- contact AT&T for assistance
- etc, etc, etc.

This morning I demanded to speak with the support manager. He recreated the problem and confirmed my observations on his phone in about 5 minutes. He promised to forward this issue to the developers and to update me by June 14. Stay tuned.

OP
R

rhilario

Reaction score
i ended up getting a new phone and it worked after the update... all the frustration for nothing..lol

AtrixBogie

Reaction score
i ended up getting a new phone and it worked after the update... all the frustration for nothing..lol

Oops, forgot to update my post of June 11. Motorola called me on August 12 to resolve and close this issue. Motorola updated their software and asked me to un-link and re-link my Facebook account. As the contacts re-synchronized, I saw that the extraneous #/ was gone and I can now link from any Contact to their Facebook profile. All is well.

OP
R

rhilario

Reaction score
another issue now, is that not every contact is merging with my facebook contacts and i have unlinked and relinked my facebook account??

and under the contacts, under your favorites you can see your recent calls and cant delete it for some reason??

lastly under "gallery" i do not have access to all my friends albums.

what gives!!??

AtrixBogie

Reaction score
I noticed that it took about a day for my contacts (approx 500) to re-synchronize.

I removed the "recent calls" (aka "most likely") by clicking Menu, Settings, and then un-checking Display Suggestions.

I'm not using Gallery. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

another issue now, is that not every contact is merging with my facebook contacts and i have unlinked and relinked my facebook account??

and under the contacts, under your favorites you can see your recent calls and cant delete it for some reason??

lastly under "gallery" i do not have access to all my friends albums.

what gives!!??