Motorola Admits To Warranty Delay Problems; Apologizes and Vows to Find a Solution

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Motorola-warranty-delays.jpg

Last Friday, we shared a small post in the Motorola section which suggested a number of users on Reddit were having problems getting warranty replacements from Motorola. We didn't post it as a full blown news story, because we weren't sure how widespread the problem was at that time. Despite that, we decided it would be worth sharing in the forums, just to find out if other folks were having the issues too, or if it was overblown.

It turns out the problem was not overblown, and in fact Motorola has come forward publicly admitting the warranty problems. Motorola released the following statement regarding warranty delays at their U.S. repair center:

"We know how important it is for you to get your phone back as quickly as possible so we’re working hard to identify and implement solutions. We are dedicated to the highest quality service and this is not up to our standard of excellence. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused.

If you are currently having an issue with warranty fulfillment, please contact us at 888-355-8422. We are available Monday through Friday from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM, or on Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Central Time."

It's good to see that Motorola has decided to "own up" to their mistake, but it's disheartening to see that they let it get this bad at all. We will reserve judgment as we wait to see how well they pick up the slack and handle this situation. Please sound off if you are one of the folks experiencing warranty replacement delay problems with Moto.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
For years? I'm not sure about that statement. I have had several phones replaces by them using their RMA process and the replacements were always at my house within 4 days. Here lately...yes, they have had some issues.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Wadman

Reaction score
Does this have anything to do with moto maker? I mean I think that takes some time. But It took around 9 days or so to get my replacement t2 from them.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Does this have anything to do with moto maker? I mean I think that takes some time. But It took around 9 days or so to get my replacement t2 from them.
I'm not sure about new phones, they seem to be shipping quick. PereDroid just got his new Turbo 2 within a few days of the order. But some folks are reporting that they are out of refurb phones to send out for warranty claims.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Are they going to off a $50 off coupon like they did for us bionic users? What a slap in the face.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Are they going to off a $50 off coupon like they did for us bionic users? What a slap in the face.
Thats for the Droid Maxx upgrade, right? Not warranty repairs on the Turbo 2 and Moto X Pure which seem to be delayed at the moment.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Thats for the Droid Maxx upgrade, right? Not warranty repairs on the Turbo 2 and Moto X Pure which seem to be delayed at the moment.

Eh I can't remember. Probably both. They've bent me over a few times. I kept going back for more.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Eh I can't remember. Probably both. They've bent me over a few times. I kept going back for more.
I haven't heard of any rebates for delayed warranty claims, but they did / are offer rebates for Droid Maxx users.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I haven't heard of any rebates for delayed warranty claims, but they did / are offer rebates for Droid Maxx users.

No, that's what I was wondering if they were going to.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I doubt it, they will figure out what the hold up is and fix it. I have confidence.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Maybe this isn't quite as bad as reported by various news sites? Another forum member posted recently on the Turbo 2 sub-forum that their new phone is en-route already, via warranty claim. Or maybe this affects other Moto phones?

Last edited: