Motorokr S9-HD Questions

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK, I just bought a new set of headphones since I was having some issues with the Rocketfish ones I had, but I have a few questions if y’all don’t mind.

1.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]On my old phones when I paired a BT I always had to enter “0000” to pair them, but with my Droid I never have to do that
2.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]I have paired my Motorokr and listening to Pandora, but I cannot skip, pause, or change the volume. I know this is not correct. I press one of the buttons and all I get is a double beeping sound. I get it for any of the actions I am trying to do. Am I doing something wrong here?

techRob

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure i have the same headset :) I love 'em! Works great at the gym :D

..okay...
1) Don't see the question (I've never had to type anything in to pair anything - and I have two devices paired to my motoDROID)

2) I haven't tried the pausing or skipping with Pandora, but the volume always has worked for me - with the default music app and Audible as well. I did have some issues now and again where audio still plays from the phone (on 3rd party apps) as oppose thru the headset...i just turn the headset off and back on and that usually fixes the "issues" that I might run into.

::EDIT:: I've been able to adjust the volume with both the Droid volume rocker, and the volume buttons on the headset - I've found that toggling between the two helps eliminate some hiss that might exist..

OP
ukyfan

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure i have the same headset :) I love 'em! Works great at the gym :D

..okay...
1) Don't see the question (I've never had to type anything in to pair anything - and I have two devices paired to my motoDROID)
I meant to ask if it was normal not to enter a security code when pairing a device? Anyway, works for me that I don't need to.

2) I haven't tried the pausing or skipping with Pandora, but the volume always has worked for me - with the default music app and Audible as well. I did have some issues now and again where audio still plays from the phone (on 3rd party apps) as oppose thru the headset...i just turn the headset off and back on and that usually fixes the "issues" that I might run into.
Well I turned it off and back on. I can adjust the volume now, but I still can't pause. I will play more with it and see just what the heck I am doing wrong.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the same headphones and every so often it will ask me for a pairing code but usually they just connect right up. As far as Pandora I am able to use all the headset features. Although occasionally when streaming through Pandora if I try to skip a song it will also open the stock music player and play my mp3's which is pretty annoying.

OP
ukyfan

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK, tried turning it off and back on again, and now I can skip. OK, I haven't used stereo BT till I got this phone, but man this is confusing to me. Anyway it's working now.

newpctech

Reaction score
Motorokr s9

I got a MOTOROKR S9 headphones today and do I think they could be better...maybe but i have an issue...music plays great, calls are through one ear..is this normal?

what is the fix? I am running a Motorola droid and I dont see anything to change on the phone
:motdroidvert:

techguru

Reaction score
I got a MOTOROKR S9 headphones today and do I think they could be better...maybe but i have an issue...music plays great, calls are through one ear..is this normal?

what is the fix? I am running a Motorola droid and I dont see anything to change on the phone
:motdroidvert:

This is by design. Every phone headset, plugin or stero only plays calls in one ear. It is so that you can legally where them for calls while driving (although with the ROKR there is no easy way to pull out the non active one from your ear to show that you are driving legally (can't where headsets in the car in every state), but if you are only using the phone and not listening to music, then you are technically, if not obviously, legal.

Alan

techguru

Reaction score
For the first question of the OP. New BT capable devices (phones, BT stacks on computers, etc...) will automatically try 0000 and 1111 before asking for the code since most headsets use one or the other of those codes.

Alan