Moto X is a phone first!!!

jimbo1mcm

Reaction score
I am going with the Moto X instead of the Iphone for a few reasons, the most prevalent being the ability of the device itself to be a really good phone. This is from Engadget re the Iphone. I think it is hilarious!!!

By Thomas Ricker posted Jun 30th 2010 6:25AM

428diggsdiggThree Apple job postings for iPhone / iPad antenna engineers to "Define and implement antenna system architecture to optimize the radiation performance for wireless portable devices." All three were posted on June 23rd, the same day that we started seeing widespread reporting of the left-handed reception issues. Coincidence?

[Thanks, Abe]

post_label_source.gif
Apple (1), (2), (3)

post_icon_comment_tail.gif

Rindaen

Reaction score
Theres really no choice unless you are switching carrier :)

soba1

Reaction score
We know that; we just like to have fun with it. N u can hold it any way you like.......:icon_ banana:

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the right decision to me. If the current iPhone wasn't having the antenna problems, I could see it being a much harder decision for someone new to Android. However, once you pick up the X, you'll be hooked and probably won't even look twice at the next iPhone.

Rindaen

Reaction score
Honestly if the iPhone 4 wasnt having a issue with reception I would be placing the order. I waited as the new design looks better then any phone in my opinion. However once I saw how the Antennas were designed I wanted to see how the reviews went.

I think we will be switching to Verizon , Not sure yet. If we do I will check out the X First. I still have concerns about android in general.

cpjr

Reaction score
Take this for what its worth, I have an Incredible for work and the new iphone for personal...and I havent had ANY issues with the iphone in the last week ive had it. Reception is fine, so is the screen.

S

spacemanps

iphone=overrated!

oh ps i used to work for them! good company to work for... just iphone is overrated.. apple is holding out technology in my opinion..

Banyon

Reaction score
Well, I've never owned an iPhone, so this statement may sound a little fanboyish, but I can't believe the crap people put up with for that flashy piece of junk.

I have played with an iphone, it is cool, but when I would hear things about how "Now you can send picture messages" (been doing that on my non smart phones for how many years?), or "now you can multitask", I wonder why buy the hype?

I had someone show me how the iphone can multitask now, and I pulled out my droid running music, Meebo IM, and flipped on navigation while I browsed FML just to show them why i went with android... lol.

I love the way Android is set up, and after playing with the iphone, I will say this, I will NEVER buy into the iphone hype. If I want something from Apple, I will buy a iPod touch, then just let my android phone act as a hotspot when I need to get it on the internet.. case solved.

Rindaen

Reaction score
We are thinking about moving over to Verizon, Hence why im here readin gup on Droid X.

The way I use my iPhone
Sync Outlook or Ical directly to Phone
Sync Outlook or Mac Contacts directly to phone
Sync Note to and from phone

If we switch to Verizon and IF i can do the above with Droid X, only then will i give it a try.

barski

Reaction score
now with the iphone coming to Verizon in January you are in a win win situation. going to the best network and picking a phone of choice.

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3
Don't forget that avoiding the iPhone is also good on a karma level. Apple is one evil SOB corporation, buying their products is like paying for bad luck to come your way :)

Rindaen

Reaction score
I am soooo sick of hearing that the iPhone is coming to Verizon
on "Insert Date here" when I see a press release then I will beleive it.
Not holding my breath.

Sorry but building a CDMA phone for something that the Carrier plans to upgrade it pointless.