Moto X Force Survives Multiple Drops from 1,000 Feet Fully Intact and Functional

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Some engineers in India decided to put the "Shattershield" technology of the Moto X Force to the test by dropping it from a para-glider from 1,000 feet. They actually did this several times supposedly, and the phone not only survived, but was completely unscathed and fully functional.

The only caveat to the test is that they did it on bare earth. We suspect that if it had been dropped on concrete (or a similar hard surface), then the result would have been different. Regardless, it is still a remarkable achievement!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Kind of like the Turbo 2 being dropped from a drone, this is pretty cool & impressive. I'm not sure that hitting dirt or concrete makes much of a difference from 1000 feet, the phone still hit max velocity when falling from that height. I'm pretty impressed with the X Force / Turbo 2 lineup. I think Moto did a good job with these!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Show me a 3' drop while in a back pocket with no ill effects and I'll be impressed. Thousand shmousand compared to a skinny buttocks plopping down on a sofa.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Show me a 3' drop while in a back pocket with no ill effects and I'll be impressed. Thousand shmousand compared to a skinny buttocks plopping down on a sofa.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

CNN rode a bike over the screen and let a large horse step on it. How's that? That horses foot is probably more pressure than skinny jeans pockets. :)

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I dropped my Turbo pretty hard from right about 3 feet just a few days ago. My hand was even moving downward when it flew out so it was almost as if I threw it. It hit the corner of the top step into my kitchen from the back door. The one that has the metal edging? Yea, that step.
First time IN MY LIFE I knew, had ZERO doubt, not even remotely worried... that when I picked it up: it would not be cracked.
It was not.
#WIN

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
CNN rode a bike over the screen and let a large horse step on it. How's that? That horses foot is probably more pressure than skinny jeans pockets. :)

this is absolutely amazing.... I mean literal divets in the screen and it's still working just fine... better than all the shattered screens my friends seem to have,

Wadman

Reaction score
I have the green line of death right now. When I push on the bottom right hand corner it goes away. Just have to send the phone to motorola and they will send me a new one. Kinda sucks, but glad I'm getting a replacement. Turbo 2 by the way

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have the green line of death right now. When I push on the bottom right hand corner it goes away. Just have to send the phone to motorola and they will send me a new one. Kinda sucks, but glad I'm getting a replacement. Turbo 2 by the way
Glad to hear that they are taking care of you.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia

Whether it's "dented" or "shattered", the screen still has to be replaced. I'll stick with a tempered glass screen protector. That way all I need to do is replace the screen protector, not shell out a 100 dollar deductible and wait a couple days to get a refurbished replacement. Oh the things Moto will do to gain marketshare.
#weaksauce

S5 tap'n

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Whether it's "dented" or "shattered", the screen still has to be replaced. I'll stick with a tempered glass screen protector. That way all I need to do is replace the screen protector, not shell out a 100 dollar deductible and wait a couple days to get a refurbished replacement. Oh the things Moto will do to gain marketshare.
#weaksauce

S5 tap'n

That screen did not have to be replaced...it still worked fine. You know that you want one...we are slowly converting you to a true Moto fan! :cool:
#awesomesauce

Reactions: cr6

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X

Different forces between a horse step and a bending force.

I didn't watch the video but I can also tell you a horse doesn't have to put full weight on each step.