Moto X 2017 Images and Specs Leaked!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-x-2017-4-jpg.77298

If you aren't all about that Samsung life then skip the Samsung event and check out these leaked images of the upcoming 2017 Moto X. Leakster Jerry Yin posted the photos to his Google+ page showing off the next gen Moto phone. We can see a few things from these images. The fingerprint sensor appears to be located on the front of the device. The phone looks to be all metal. We have the same large camera on the back of the device this time it seems to include a dual lens setup. We don't see the connection points at the bottom of the back of the phone used for the Moto Mods like on the Moto Z lineup.

The specs that accompanied the images include 3GB of RAM, Snapdragon 625 processor, and 32GB of onboard storage. The Model number is XT1801. While the leakster seems to think this is the Moto X I find it hard to believe that Motorola would include a Snapdragon 625 in their latest flagship. If this phone doesn't include Moto Mods are you the least bit interested?

via JerryYin+

Attachments

• Moto-X-2017-4.jpg
    Moto-X-2017-4.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 4,206
Last edited by a moderator:
R

RETG

IThe phone looks to be all metal. We have the same large camera on the back of the device this time it seems to include a dual lens setup. We don't see the connection points at the bottom of the back of the phone used for the Moto Mods on last years edition.

The specs that accompanied the images include 3GB of RAM, Snapdragon 625 processor, and 32GB of onboard storage. The Model number is XT1801. While the leakster seems to think this is the Moto X I find it hard to believe that Motorola would include a Snapdragon 625 in their latest flagship. If this phone doesn't include Moto Mods are you the least bit interested?

via JerryYin+

Did the Moto X have moto mods? Not an expert, but I thought only the Moto Z did.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Moto Z is the only line to have Moto Mods. It was my impression that Moto would make Moto Mods compatible with More of their Phones to make more Developers interested and hopefully increase their Market Share

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Moto also announced that they wanted to continue the X brand phone for the folks that want a pure Android experience, with Moto app functionality, and don't want to use Moto Mods. I hope they do live up to that and continue the Moto X lineup. They have all been great phones; I still have three of them as family spares. I just hope they go with decent specs and don't turn it into another mid range phone.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score

If you aren't all about that Samsung life then skip the Samsung event and check out these leaked images of the upcoming 2017 Moto X. Leakster Jerry Yin posted the photos to his Google+ page showing off the next gen Moto phone. We can see a few things from these images. The fingerprint sensor appears to be located on the front of the device. The phone looks to be all metal. We have the same large camera on the back of the device this time it seems to include a dual lens setup. We don't see the connection points at the bottom of the back of the phone used for the Moto Mods on last years edition.

via JerryYin+
No I'm not. That would mean that they're not into the mods going forward on other models

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
No I'm not. That would mean that they're not into the mods going forward on other models

Keep in mind Moto has numerous phones already that are not Mod phones....Moto G, Moto E, Moto M. They are not cancelling the Moto Z series. There will be a 2017 Moto Z line to continue the Moto Mods. The Moto X line is for people that are not interested in Mods.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind Moto has numerous phones already that are not Mod phones....Moto G, Moto E, Moto M. They are not cancelling the Moto Z series. There will be a 2017 Moto Z line to continue the Moto Mods. The Moto X line is for people that are not interested in Mods.

I'm glad that they're continuing the Moto Z

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
They did say they had a 3 year plan for Moto Z line i thought.
Yes, they did. Earlier this year Moto announced that they plan to continue the Moto Z line for 3 years....And that all current Moto Mods would be compatible for the next few generations of Z phones.

I'm happy to hear the Moto X line might come back in 2017. They are great phones for those that are not interested in Moto Mods....Like my kids.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You guys are right it was the Moto Z that had the moto mods, not the moto x. Ive updated the op.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
As long as it's the Super duper new Sony camera that's in g5 plus, I might get it for my wife as she is pictures crazy. The processor itself is very energy efficient when combined with 1080p screen.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dear Motorolenovo,

Please use M logo dimple on the back for the fingerprint sensor.

Sincerely,

AwesomeIdeaDude

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Rear fingerprint sensor is inconvenient, you can't use it when phone is laying down or mounted in something. Moto got sensor right compared to other manufacturers.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Obviously we all have our preferences about where the fingerprint scanner should be. Some like it on the front of the phone and others like it on the back of the phone. That's OK, there are nice phones on the market with the scanner in both locations, so consumers have good options. For me personally, I like the current Moto setup of fingerprint scanner on the front. Most of the time my phone is laying face up on a counter, desk, night stand, passenger seat of my Jeep, etc and I like the ability to touch my finger to the scanner with the phone laying "as-is" and open to the home screen. For me personally, I hope they keep it on the front of the phone.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Tech News sites crack me up. I have read several times how Moto "ditched" Moto Mod support for the new (rumored... rumored) Moto X. Really? Either they don't understand the difference between the Moto Z and Moto X phones, or they don't realize that Moto clearly said last year that they were not going to incorporate Moto Mods into the Moto X lineup and wanted to keep the Moto X its own separate brand of phone. Its comical, anything for a headline.