Moto droid is messing up and i dont know what to do...

todiefor111

Reaction score
I recently rooted then got bugless beast v.04 but went back to orignal 2.2 manual update and now nothing works the phone works fine but rom manager keeps giving me a privilage command error and busybox will not download and easy root will not unroot i dont know what to do any help will be awesome..

Thanks

droidman101

Reaction score
I recently rooted then got bugless beast v.04 but went back to orignal 2.2 manual update and now nothing works the phone works fine but rom manager keeps giving me a privilage command error and busybox will not download and easy root will not unroot i dont know what to do any help will be awesome..

Thanks

it seems that you have lost root, run easyroot to root it again then run your stuff

OP
T

todiefor111

Reaction score
Yeah

When i go to easy root it says im still rooted so i try to unroot and it says unrooted reboot then a sec later says you are already rooted so im not sure.

droidman101

Reaction score
When i go to easy root it says im still rooted so i try to unroot and it says unrooted reboot then a sec later says you are already rooted so im not sure.
hmmm, just go into clockworkmod and restore a backup, moto might have patched the exploit used in easyroot
since you cant use rom manager, youll have to boot into clockworkmod manually

Last edited:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Thanks

it seems that you have lost root, run easyroot to root it again then run your stuff

Exactly what happened...and what to do about it!

OP
T

todiefor111

Reaction score
hey ty

my problem is when i go to rom manager i try to restore my back up but i click it and it says it will reboot into recovery to restore and then nothing happens how can i restore my back up manually.

droidman101

Reaction score
my problem is when i go to rom manager i try to restore my back up but i click it and it says it will reboot into recovery to restore and then nothing happens how can i restore my back up manually.

ok,
1. power off your phone
2. hold x and power at the same time until the M logo appears, then you can let go of both
3. it should give you a green screen, navigate with volume up/down buttons and camera button(it will need to be a hard click)
4. go down to backups, go to simple restore, and click the backup you want
5. once its done hit power(if it removes the words and stuff just hit power again and it will come back again)
6. choose reboot

OP
T

todiefor111

Reaction score
when i go to the system recovery my backup or nandroid isnt on there anymore so what should i do all i wanna do is re root and get the bugless beast again but unable to figure it out sincen rom manager busybox and easy root are not working.

OP
T

todiefor111

Reaction score
I believe what i did on accident is i ment to restore my back up which was rooted 2.2 but instead i restored to the zip file for manual 2.2 update nonrooted and it thru everything all off so now i just wanna get back to rooted 2.2 bug less.

droidman101

Reaction score
I believe what i did on accident is i ment to restore my back up which was rooted 2.2 but instead i restored to the zip file for manual 2.2 update nonrooted and it thru everything all off so now i just wanna get back to rooted 2.2 bug less.

ok, if you have the .zip on your sdcard somewhere choose install from zip, install from zip, and find and choose your zip ;)

OP
T

todiefor111

Reaction score
that zip i have is the one i am running now but nothing is working still its like im not rooted any more but i still got all the apps i just cant use them.

OP
T

todiefor111

Reaction score
im sorry bro i dont understand i have to re root to download rigt and i uninstalled easy root and it is saying that im rooted all ready but wont let me unroot.do you know how to go back to stock step by step so i can start all over or no..thanks for all your help.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What he's saying is to download BB v0.4 again.... either with your Droid or thru a PC... have that ROM zip on the sdcard and then boot into recovery, then install from sdcard and choose that newly downloaded BB v0.4 zip file.... and install... must wipe data...

OP
T

todiefor111

Reaction score
Ive just never manually install a rom and im not sure if im still rooted or not so not sure what to do...seems like im not rooted but when i go to any of the rooted apps i cant use them but easy root says i am rooted.