Moto bluetooth keyboard

darkmatter

Reaction score
I saw this at best buy. It seems like it might work, but the box said something about specific apps or something or other. So my question is, does anyone know for sure if this works with the D3?
Motorola Wireless Keyboard - Overview - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA
with this keyboard, I think I could easily do without a laptop for school work, just do it all on my phone, lol. (yea, I know, I still like the D3 keyboard, but for even more extensive typing, something more full size would be nice.)

spunker88

Reaction score
The same keyboard is being sold on Amazon and reviewers say it works on the Droid X (an unsupported model) but the application keys don't work. Since its a HID keyboard its possible that Android has generic drivers but Motorolla provides something else such as software to make the application keys work. It is supported on the Atrix which runs Ginerbread, you'd think it wouldn't be that hard for Motorolla to provide software or something for it to work on the Droid 3 and all Droid phones since I only see the Atrix and Xoom supported. Its a Motorola Android keyboard for crying out loud its not that much of a stretch.

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
Tell you the truth I don't see the point, I mean maybe for other phones that don't have a keyboard it would be sweet, but as I'm typing this its only taking me under a min to post this, so I think the hard keyboard is good

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
darkmatter

darkmatter

Reaction score
yes, the keyboard is good, but do you want to spend hours typing on it?

imo, full size keyboard > physical keyboard (like D3) > any other keyboard.

The D3 keyboard is fantastic for general typing, but when I need to spend a lot of time typing, I'd still rather have a full size keyboard.

hell, if this thing works, between the keyboard and hdmi out, who needs a desktop? (or even moto's own webtop)

leobg

Reaction score
D3 will work with any bluetooth keyboard you throw on it. It has a HID driver. I haven't tried mouse, but mouse would work too. You can even use those cheap keyboards available on ebay - even most functional keys work (like volume up/down)

islander90

Reaction score
I have that keyboard and use it with my xoom... haven't used it with the D3 tho. will try to remember to try tonight

OP
darkmatter

darkmatter

Reaction score
D3 will work with any bluetooth keyboard you throw on it. It has a HID driver. I haven't tried mouse, but mouse would work too. You can even use those cheap keyboards available on ebay - even most functional keys work (like volume up/down)

How would a mouse work? Do you get a cursor when you connect one?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

islander90

Reaction score
yea i was able to use it last night and it worked fine... i'm a pretty fast typer, so it wouldn't work if I typed at full speed, but typing somewhat slower worked perfectly

islander90

Reaction score
and when I say "it wouldn't work", I mean if I was typing at full speed there was the occasional missed letter where I had pushed the key but it hadn't registered because the timing was too close to the previous letter (or something like that)

leobg

Reaction score
I couldn't test for speed, simply because I was trying this one: :)
keyboard11.png

leobg

Reaction score
And - Ctrl-Alt-Del on the keyboard reboots the phone - nice!

leobg

Reaction score
Yes - you get a mouse cursor, not only in browser, but everywhere. But most useful in browser of course.