More home screens?

andy123

Reaction score
Is there any way to make it so you have more then three home screens? A setting or an app that allows you to have more then 3 home screens for Droid?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Several... either install a HomeScreen replacement (Home++, SweeterHome ect.) or you can install the 2.1 Launcher (the default launcher from 2.1 that's been pulled and ported to run on 2.0.1 ROMs).

OP
A

andy123

Reaction score
I'm Sorry but what is a ROM? And is the 2.1 launcher a Droid software update?

-Also, sorry for being a n00b

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are home replacement apps you can download for free but they will slow down your phone and cause some FC's.

The launcher from 2.1 is buggy as hell - don't bother yet until 2.1 is officially out and then they will have it for us. I am waiting for that.

OP
A

andy123

Reaction score
How do we know when it officially comes out? Will the Droid download it automatically?

Magdroid

Reaction score
The Droid will notify you when there is an update. Right now, there is a app called "Launcher (beta)" but it also is buggy. Wait for 2.1, we should be getting it some time this month. If it doesn't come with 5 home screens, then use the 3rd party app. Anywho..yeah, the droid WILL let you know when it is ready to update. It will be pushed OTA (Over The Air) from Verizon to your phone.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
If the update doesnt come with 5 screens the guys at Android Central say they will have an APK for the 5 screens that is not buggy since it will be running a 2.1 app on 2.1. That's why it's buggy now running on 2.01.

I am waiting for that.

Reaction score
whatever you say kimosabe, i guess everyone should just listen to you instead of trying something for themselves.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just giving him information he would have to spend time the hard way to find out. I don't know where you go that stick up your butt.

I've been working on getting 5 screens for a while and after much work the solution is to be patient for 2.1.

I never told him not to play if he wants.

whatever you say kimosabe, i guess everyone should just listen to you instead of trying something for themselves.

OP
A

andy123

Reaction score
So hopefully 2.1 will add more screens. But if not, download the APK form Android Central? Whats an APK tho?

solorca

Reaction score
I spent all day yesterday trying to find a good one, but I had no luck. I used Panda, Home++, Launcher+, OpenHome, and a few others and they were all buggy and caused forced closes. I finally gave up, and will just deal with the stock until 2.1

For the record, Home++ was the least buggy of the group.

wtabke

Reaction score
For a couple months, I have been using dxTop. It now has an option for 5 home screens and have been quite happy with it.

Not as snappy as the default, but has some great features.

Bill