Money Tracker

DHood

Reaction score
I'm thinking about starting to develop apps and I think I might start with a money tracker but if the features I have in mind are already in one I'm not going to. Here they are:

- Lock Screen (I don't want anyone to be able to view my transaction log, I'll be logging all money I gain and all money I spend).
- Simple input, I really want to be able to add a transaction simply, all additional info isn't important to me. I'd like it to recognize dates though so I can see my +/- weekly, monthly, overall, etc..

That's really it, I want it to be a simple process that I can do on the go, maybe a memo field on the new transaction page. All the ones I found are really weighted down.

Is there a simple one that you think I'd like or should I try to make this my first app?

Rettocs

Reaction score
None that I can think of that are lightweight as you are describing. I would love an app of this nature!

OP
D

DHood

Reaction score
Hmm... I'm guessing nobody else.

I think I'm going to continue making it, I kinda need it (although just using excel would probably be easier). Rettocs, I'll either email you the apk or put it on the market, it's going to be my first app so it won't be very good quality... just a warning. I'll probably make updates though.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I find firewallet to be wonderful. It has a PIN that you can set/change. I find it easy to add transactions, and it supports multiple accounts. You can also setup budgets.

It may offer a bit more than you want, but if you haven't hacked it out yet, you should. I bought the paid version. Since I don't carry a checkbook anymore, I use firewallet all the time to keep track of deposits and transactions.

If you check it out, let me know your opinion!

OP
D

DHood

Reaction score
I just looked in the market, it says it's a 30 day trial? Didn't really wanna buy something buy something.. Also, do you know why it needs full internet access? that's kinda strange to me. I don't want this information being uploaded to a database..

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I just looked in the market, it says it's a 30 day trial? Didn't really wanna buy something buy something.. Also, do you know why it needs full internet access? that's kinda strange to me. I don't want this information being uploaded to a database..

I paid for the full version. I found it that easy and useful. As I said, it's my only means of keeping track of my finances [aside from logging in and out of my banks' websites], so I didn't mind paying a little bit to use it.

As far as I can tell, all it uses the internet for is because you can save your bank's website address when you create the account, so if you're looking at that account and decided you need to visit your bank's site and log in, you can simply long-press on the account name in the main screen and select "visit website."

You can export/import info manually, but they don't store anything anywhere except on your phone.

Rettocs

Reaction score
Dhood, if you do decide to make one and send me the .apk, I sure don't mind testing it for you.

OP
D

DHood

Reaction score
It won't be very good seeing as it's my first time doing anything with java or a java-based language (excluding javascript). I mostly do website stuff, first time trying to make a phone app or a program (besides visual basic but that was... ehh). I'll be sure to let you know though. the first time might be a hardcoded pw for the lock part.

Rettocs

Reaction score
It won't be very good seeing as it's my first time doing anything with java or a java-based language (excluding javascript). I mostly do website stuff, first time trying to make a phone app or a program (besides visual basic but that was... ehh). I'll be sure to let you know though. the first time might be a hardcoded pw for the lock part.

As opposed to creating a password? That's fine, especially if it makes it easier for you to make the program this way.