[MOD] Gingerbread Keyboard With Extra Features (updated 1-19-10)

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya I'm not on bugless or even the same device but I thought I'd give it a whirl and also got forcy type closes

tappin and a talkin

OP
P

peteralfonso

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The lib needs to be renamed, ill work on it later. It works if you remove the lib and keyboard you currently have then install

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
It works perfectly if u do as he suggested...its quite easy...use root explorer, go into system-app folder remove what keyboard apk file u have, then go into the system-lib folder, find the file named something like libjni_latinime delete that or those files, reboot (not sure if thats required or not but i did) then instal the file posted above...go into settings-language & keyboard & make ur settings...took me all of about 1 min to do....

sonnydroid

Reaction score
It works perfectly if u do as he suggested...its quite easy...use root explorer, go into system-app folder remove what keyboard apk file u have, then go into the system-lib folder, find the file named something like libjni_latinime delete that or those files, reboot (not sure if thats required or not but i did) then instal the file posted above...go into settings-language & keyboard & make ur settings...took me all of about 1 min to do....

This did the trick. Thanks.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Halo

Reaction score
So if I'm using Handcent for my text application, will installing this still give me the gingerbread keyboard while using Handcent? Or is this only for the stock messaging app?

myriad46

Reaction score
So if I'm using Handcent for my text application, will installing this still give me the gingerbread keyboard while using Handcent? Or is this only for the stock messaging app?

It replaces the keyboard in everything. The system keyboard is used in every app that you need to type something into.

audioman42

Reaction score
Word suggestions still don't work properly. Going back to the 2.2 keyboard...