mobipocket books on Droid

don

Reaction score
Does anyone have information about mobipocket for Dorid?

OP
D

don

Reaction score
Mobipocket books is an ebook that I have on my HP pda. It is owned by amazon.

jgumphress

Reaction score
I had Mobipocket on my Palm Treo and did not like the work I had to go through to put in books so I dropped them and went to eReader instead. There is an eReader for Droid and I moved all my Palm books over to my Droid. I haven't heard anyhting about MobiPocket in some time nor anything about an Android version. You might try their web site. I believe they are in England, by the way.

ldimick

Reaction score
I have several mobi books. I remove the DRM, convert them to EPUB and then read them with Aldiko

jimnutt

Reaction score
I do the same as Idimick (except on a larger scale, I had a few hundred books, most DRM free though). I use Calibre to handle the conversion. It's not too difficult to find DRM removal software for mobipocket on the net, google is your friend. If you don't want to bother with removing the DRM, iReader in the Market claims to handle DRM protected mobipocket books. I've not tried it, so I can't vouch for its abilities.

OP
D

don

Reaction score
How do I remove the HDM to and convert to EPUB?

jimnutt

Reaction score
How do I remove the HDM to and convert to EPUB?

First of, I'm assuming you mean DRM (Digital Rights Management), if not, I've no clue.

For converting from Mobipocket use Calibre, it will handle converting from Mobipocket to EPUB without any problems

Removing the DRM is a bit trickier, there is a script called "mobidedrm.py" that will do the trick, but it can be a tad difficult to find. The easiest way to find it is to go to Pastebin.com - #1 paste tool since 2002 and search there for "mobidedrm", the first link will be to a python script you can download and use. The comments at the beginning of the script tell you how to turn it into a Calibre plugin, which makes it easier to use.

jimnutt

Reaction score
+1 for not stealing books. I've purchased every book I've got on my droid, I only strip the DRM and convert them because I refuse to buy the same book 4 times just because I've switched devices for reading them.