mms w extra settings download

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
here is a custom mms with extra settings people have been looking for except the major one. It does not allow you to change to black background but will allow you to change your led light colors along with other settings.

just place on sdcard and use the switchmms script

Mms.apk

Installation instructions:

drop mms.apk on yoru sdcard
run the switchmms script either using bb toolkit or terminal.

if using terminal type:
su
switchmms

using root explorer:
drop mms.apk onto your sdcard
navigate to system/apps
click mount r/w at top
scroll down to mms.apk and long press then rename to mms.apk.bak(for safekeeping if you would like)
now navigate to yoru sdcard and copy the mms.apk from there
paste the mms.apk in your system/apps
then long press and click permissions
change permissions as follows check read and write under user: check read under group and check read under others (nothign else should be checked at this point if it is then uncheck anything else)
click mount r/o at the top then close root explorer and reboot phone
You should now have the working mms.apk

xXbrick84Xx

Reaction score
Ummm... need some help here. Running BB v.3 and all this .apk does is remove my mms app from my phone and I can't get it back. I used the switchmms script, and I also tried doing it manually through root explorer and just changing permissions.

Help?? I kinda need my mms
Brick

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I have the stock messaging with the black back option working for me still, I have posted my Mms.apk before and it didn't work for anyone else so I took it down
e8qtd0.jpg
29n6qkn.jpg

OP
A

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
Well I have the stock messaging with the black back option working for me still, I have posted my Mms.apk before and it didn't work for anyone else so I took it down
e8qtd0.jpg
29n6qkn.jpg

can you repost i woul dlove to try it and where did you get that keyboard do you have a link?

OP
A

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
Ummm... need some help here. Running BB v.3 and all this .apk does is remove my mms app from my phone and I can't get it back. I used the switchmms script, and I also tried doing it manually through root explorer and just changing permissions.

Help?? I kinda need my mms
Brick

did you use switchmms or rm mms because he has a script that will remove the mms to.theres one thats says mms and another that says switchmms. if you use root explorer you need to copy this mms from your sdcard then paste it in your system/apps and change permissions (check read and exexute under user and thencheck only read under the other two options which are group and others) but you need to rebbot for it to work. I dont see how it could remove the mms altogether unless you used the remove mms script or deleted the mms.apk i and numerous other have used this script and root explorer to switch mms.apks all the time. not saying yoru wrong just saying did you do it right?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here is the Black Stock KeyBoard, credit to 928Droid...Screen Shots are Two Posts Up

and the Mms.apk with the extra settings, which I have posted before and most people got force closes while trying to send a message, save your current Mms.apk before trying to install this one. Also I have made some slight changes, I am using the Handcent Icon as the app icon and the Notification icons are also from Handcent

Edit; I always push these in with Better Terminal

Attachments

• LatinImeGoogle.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 109
  • Mms.zip
    609.8 KB · Views: 137