MMS Spoofing

Reaction score
I was messing around in my Messaging notification settings and I saw something about MMS spoofing. I get what it does, I just wondered why you would need to do it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

chumunga

Reaction score
many carriers have found a way to disable and deter this function do to fraud reasons. In fact some states have made it illegal but there still ways around it, i personally would do it for childish reason :D but even that can go to far... :(

chumunga

Reaction score
it tricks the caller ID of the receiptant so if your real number was (example sake) 123 and you texted someone your number would show up as 123, as such, but with a spoofer the sender can dictate what the will recieptant will see so the person receiving the text might see 098 rather then 123. I'm still looking for a TXT spoofer or SMSspoofer since i do alot of promoting and i text people alot mainly to people i don't know and i want to keep my number private. There is some paid services but im working on a small buget scale.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
it tricks the caller ID of the receiptant so if your real number was (example sake) 123 and you texted someone your number would show up as 123, as such, but with a spoofer the sender can dictate what the will recieptant will see so the person receiving the text might see 098 rather then 123. I'm still looking for a TXT spoofer or SMSspoofer since i do alot of promoting and i text people alot mainly to people i don't know and i want to keep my number private. There is some paid services but im working on a small buget scale.

awwww ok, gotcha.

thanks!

towgavinfree

Reaction score
many carriers have found a way to disable and deter this function do to fraud reasons.