Mms on acs instructions

Crummy

Reaction score
Just passing on what someone else helped me with. I would not have figured it out in a hundred years..

jdmch

Reaction score
Glad you got it working. I had the same problem and loaded curvefish's apn toggle, switched it off and on, reloaded original file, rebooted and it fixed my problem. Good for me that it was that easy. Great write up on your behalf

estrella_69

Reaction score
I picked up an A854 at ACS on Sunday. Been an iPhone user since the original, and now running an IP4 on GCI. But have been curious about the Android phones and since ACS offered one for "free" I couldn't pass it up. (And to boot, for the Life plan, it was only $15 more than what I was paying per month for my Krzr...!)

But anyway, I used z4root 1.3.0 for a painless root process. Read a bunch more on installing ROMs, etc., but also saw several threads on issues with MMS after the upgrade, but thought I would give one a try. I chose the Bugless Beast 0.6.2.1 and it works great! (Except for MMS...)

Appreciate this thread, since it solved the problem! I followed the instructions above, but it still didn't work. Went back and double-checked the settings. Found a mistake, but still didn't work.

However, I created the ACS APN one last time, but this time, I deleted the Verizon apn that had been installed. That did the trick! I rebooted just to make sure, and shot text, image, video, and audio messages back and forth with the iPhone.

Thanks, Crummy, for the helpful information!

estrella_69

Reaction score
Incase someone else has the same problem we should add that Huberts ACS MMS patch has to be installed before this fix works. He also has one for GCI in Alaska.

Crummy, I saw menion of this patch in another thread. However, I didn't know how to flash the package, so didn't install it. But, the APN still worked as entered above. The only difference was I deleted the stock Verizon APN to allow it to work.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
see

sourcery is so magical you dont even have to use it for it to help fix your phone :)
if you guys get bored give 2.0 a try when it comes out "soon" really guys youll its taking time and a couple delays with the 2 complete rebuilds but it will be worth it.
there are defiantly even more things you have never seen before in any rom.

OP
nornevrder

nornevrder

Reaction score
So let me get this right. Us alaskans will not have to mess around with our Apns? Wow freaking magic I tell ya freaking magic. Once 2.0 comes out I am rooting my wifes phone and throughing Sourcery on it. Donation will be sent when I get home. Ty

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Crummy

Reaction score
Crummy, I saw menion of this patch in another thread. However, I didn't know how to flash the package, so didn't install it. But, the APN still worked as entered above. The only difference was I deleted the stock Verizon APN to allow it to work.
Would probably work to just edit the Verizon one too.

When the patch is installed on a HTC Desire it adds the proper apn along with changing the banner to Acs. The patch doesn't seem to do anything but delete the Verizon apn on a milestone so manual delete or edit makes more sense.