Missing *some* outlook contacts

Mike S.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm missing some outlook contacts. My boss is missing more. I only have about 250 contacts and about 240 synced. Dunno which ones I'm missing and how to fix it.

Now my boss also has a droid and he's got about 1300 contacts, yet only 1150 ish are in his phone. Seems kind of BS. I'm sure a couple can be dud contacts, but 150 is pretty unacceptable. He found out becuase he was seraching for a contact and then came to the office and its in his outlook.

Any ideas?

JoeM

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm missing some outlook contacts. My boss is missing more. I only have about 250 contacts and about 240 synced. Dunno which ones I'm missing and how to fix it.

Now my boss also has a droid and he's got about 1300 contacts, yet only 1150 ish are in his phone. Seems kind of BS. I'm sure a couple can be dud contacts, but 150 is pretty unacceptable. He found out becuase he was seraching for a contact and then came to the office and its in his outlook.

Any ideas?

It may be a weird, unpublished definition of what an Android Contact is. I have similar problem with a different contact manger on a PC. The PC contacts are synced with the Android contacts via a gmail account (PC <-> gmail <-> Droid). The PC accurately syncs with the gmail account (1723 contacts on each). The gmail account does not sync correctly with the Droid (only 1611 contacts on the Droid). It is consistent. I don't know what is happening and Google is no help.

If you are also syncing via a gmail account, look at the number of contacts in gmail -- the count may be different. Also take a stab at some of your Outlook contacts that may be similar. The Droid may be merging them into one contact. I have not been able to find any documentation detail on what is supposed to happen.

Please report back if you find a solution. Good luck,

Joe M

JayMonster

Reaction score
In most cases I have seen so far, the contacts ARE in fact syncing. An easy way to check is to do a search for the contact and see if it comes up that way. If it does, then the sync is working, but your contacts are not part of the My Contact Group.

Simply Go into Contacts, then Menu>Display Options. expand the arrow by your gmail account, and select any (or all) of the other groups you have (or more easily select "All Other Contacts") and your contacts will appear.

The other (proper?) way would be to go into Gmail (web), Contacts and find the contacts that you are not seeing on your phone and add them to "My Contacts"

JoeM

Reaction score
In most cases I have seen so far, the contacts ARE in fact syncing. An easy way to check is to do a search for the contact and see if it comes up that way. If it does, then the sync is working, but your contacts are not part of the My Contact Group.

Simply Go into Contacts, then Menu>Display Options. expand the arrow by your gmail account, and select any (or all) of the other groups you have (or more easily select "All Other Contacts") and your contacts will appear.

The other (proper?) way would be to go into Gmail (web), Contacts and find the contacts that you are not seeing on your phone and add them to "My Contacts"

I don't know about OP Mike, but this did not change anything on my Droid. I have nearly 50 "groups" (or whatever) on the Droid. I checked them all. No change. Resynced. No change.

Joe M

JayMonster

Reaction score
I don't know about OP Mike, but this did not change anything on my Droid. I have nearly 50 "groups" (or whatever) on the Droid. I checked them all. No change. Resynced. No change.

Joe M

Do they appear in Gmail (on the web)?

Can you do a search and find them on the phone?

If you can answer yes to them, it is a display problem. If they are not in Gmail... well... then that is a whole other problem.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
How did you transfer them from outlook to google? might be a hiccup there....

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I found a few that has merged in my device at first. Not sure what the criteria is for that to happen but it can

JoeM

Reaction score
Do they appear in Gmail (on the web)?

Can you do a search and find them on the phone?

If you can answer yes to them, it is a display problem. If they are not in Gmail... well... then that is a whole other problem.
They appear in gmail (1723 contacts vs. 1611 on Droid).

I don't know all that are missing on the phone, but the ones I tried are not searchable on the phone by company name. They are searchable in gmail by company name. I can find contacts on the phone with the same person's name, but not the right contact information.

JoeM

Reaction score
I found a few that has merged in my device at first. Not sure what the criteria is for that to happen but it can
Is there any source for adequate documentation on this application?

Excitable Boy

Reaction score
I had this issue and discovered that the contacts that didn't sync were ones that I hadn't assigned any categories to in Outlook/Exchange even though I checked the "All Other Contacts" box on my Droid. Once I assigned a category in Outlook, they showed up on the phone.