Missing folders

ChuckDz3

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I posted over at Rootzwiki and got no luck so I thought I'd give it a shot over here ( I like it better over here anyways :) ) but I am having some problems viewing certain folders.

Here are the problems I am having -

When I connect to my computer via usb I am not able to see my internal storage folders I normally should be able too. It should show just as if I click on the sd card in root explorer. It should show some folders I have created and some others that apps have created. Instead I can only view 'media' (I'm guessing) folders. Folders like pictures, music, videos, download, etc. It is not the traditional internal storage that I am used to viewing that usually shows everything. When I go into root explorer I have no problems locating the folders. So they are still there but for some reason can't access them when connected through usb to my computer.

Also when I open my Gallery app I am also missing some folders for viewing that I used to be able to see with no problems. Folders like edited, and my wallbase app saved wallpapers. I have always been able to view those through the gallery but for some reason now I can not. I only see Simpletext folder, camera, and for some reason picsa download? (I never use Picsa..)

I am currently running AOKP Build 20 standard kernal, no overclocking and no themes or mods.

Some solutions I have tried -
-Fully wipe/data restore
-Flashed new rom(s)
-Revert back to restore points
-Tried media search root required app from the market
-Played with the MTS and PTS usb connections settings under storage

None of these seemed to get the folders back to normal viewing.

So I am reaching out to the greater android community for suggestions and help.

Thanks!

OP
ChuckDz3

ChuckDz3

Reaction score
Nobody has any suggestions? Or am I the only one with this problem?

I started to wonder if I could adb command something wrong and some how it doesn't recognize it when I connect it via usb. I don't know just trying to think of any possibilities at this point.

havens1515

Reaction score
I know this thread is really old, but I'm having a similar issue. I'm trying to transfer my Tasker profiles from my old phone to my new Nexus, but the Tasker folder won't show up in Windows. I know it's there, because when I try to import in Tasker it shows the folder. Problem is, I can't restore a full backup of my Tasker profiles through the import function, and the restore function for full backups looks in a specific location, which is the folder that won't show. I don't want to have to export all of my profiles 1-by-1 to do this. There has to be a way to get to that folder in Windows.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I'm not rooted yet. I just bought the phone 2 days ago and haven't gotten to rooting it yet.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I don't why it isn't working, maybe try uninstalling and restalling device drivers.

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

havens1515

Reaction score
Well it's funny, cuz I can see all the other folders, just not the tasker folder. I switched the connection type on the phone, I even typed in the name of the folder in the address bar, and it didn't work. I'll try the drivers, but I doubt it'll affect it.

EDIT: yeah, drivers didn't work. :( Not sure what's going on.

Last edited:

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I've never heard anyone with that problem. Get back to me if you find the solution please

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Sorry, wish I knew how to fix it.

havens1515

Reaction score
I was able to copy the files using a file manager within Android. I copied the files from Windows to the download folder on my SD card, then within Android copied them from the download folder to the Tasker folder. So I got it done, just had to find a round-about way to do it. And I'm still having the issue of the missing folder in Windows, but it doesn't matter now.

Thanks for responding at least.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
No problem thanks for the new knowledge

OP
ChuckDz3

ChuckDz3

Reaction score
Glad you got it figured out. Since this is so old, I kind of dealt/worked around my problem. Somewhere along trial and error I seemed to fix the problem but I can't remember exactly where the solution came from. Although here are some tricks I tried to help my problem.

1. Get AirDroid - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sand.airdroid&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

I
t's awesome, it virtually gets rid of needing your usb cable to connect to your PC. You can transfer (relatively fast actually) over a wifi connection. From there I could see all of my folders (even the ones I could not when I connect to windows using a usb connection). So I would highly recommend checking out that app.

2. I copied all of internal contents of a folder that I could not see or have access to and pasted them into a newly created folder with a similar or same name and deleted the old folder once all of the contents were moved. Some how this seemed to work, I could see it connected to my PC, and through AirDroid, and on my phone through a file explorer.

Glad you got your problem solved but if you wanted a few more ideas I thought I'd chime in a tell you my experiences.

havens1515

Reaction score
Sweet! Thanks for the AirDroid recommendation. Definitely a sweet app! I even was able to export all of my apps, so basically a titanium backup that works without root!