Missing 3G Symbol

dxuser

Reaction score
Anyone missing the 3G signal when you wake the phone up? Mine is gone. Nothing there like 1X or anything. It does come back but is this normal? Was it happening earlier and I'm just now noticing it? Weird.

arabstar1982

Reaction score
as far as I know, its normal, probably because the phone is turning off the cellular data. check your battery profile and see what it says about turning off data. That's my guess, but its only a guess..... mine does it to.

OP
D

dxuser

Reaction score
as far as I know, its normal, probably because the phone is turning off the cellular data. check your battery profile and see what it says about turning off data. That's my guess, but its only a guess..... mine does it to.

I changed the battery profile to smart mode.

heycow

Reaction score
Yeah if you don't need an active data call it'll be either dormant or torn down if it's been long enough. No reason to lock-up RAN resources if they're not needed. :) You should find that if you're in coverage when you click on something that needs a data call that you get the 3G symbol right away.

stlunatik806

Reaction score
Okay so i have the same problem. but you say it will turn back on when you need it and mine does not do that. currently it will just stay off but i can connect to wifi anywhere. is there a way to force it back on?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If you are connected to Wifi the 3G symbol will go away until you disconnect from Wifi.

stlunatik806

Reaction score
If you are connected to Wifi the 3G symbol will go away until you disconnect from Wifi.

not connected to wifi. check out the thread i made..i'm about to just get another one and see how that one works out.

n0t4g4iN

Reaction score
It really annoying when I pick up my phone and wake it I can see it go back to full 3g bars and I had AIM running and it gets disconnected.

gtg450g

Reaction score
What does it mean when you're on Wifi and the 3G icon comes back? I have been on Wifi all day at home, but the 3G icon has mysteriously returned...any ideas? The Wifi seems to be working fine otherwise (my laptop is connected to the internet), so I don't know why the Droid X would be maintaining both connections.

soba1

Reaction score

I changed the battery profile to smart mode.

I leave my profile on performance. It helps with the signal strength.