minimizing processor use / process management

xndzizz

Reaction score
hi all,

there have been posts similar to this before so forgive any redundancy, but i have a few questions regarding process management etc

on a fresh boot android launches by default apps i will not use, examples are:

Google Voice - (i dont desire notifications when a VM has been posted to my gvoice number)

Visual VM - same reason as above

Corporate calendar - no use for this

Email (regular, not gmail) I only use gmail.

rather than kill these processes after boot (I use "Process Monitor" and it works very nicely) Im wondering if anyone has used a pm app that auto-kills desired processes at start, and prevents them from reoccuring?

thanks!

NegativeX

Reaction score
Disabling the GPS increased the battery life on my unit. Noticeably...

gtjokester

Reaction score
hi all,

there have been posts similar to this before so forgive any redundancy, but i have a few questions regarding process management etc

on a fresh boot android launches by default apps i will not use, examples are:

Google Voice - (i dont desire notifications when a VM has been posted to my gvoice number)

Visual VM - same reason as above

Corporate calendar - no use for this

Email (regular, not gmail) I only use gmail.

rather than kill these processes after boot (I use "Process Monitor" and it works very nicely) Im wondering if anyone has used a pm app that auto-kills desired processes at start, and prevents them from reoccuring?

thanks!
there is an app in the market called Autostarts that allows you to stop apps from loading at startup, but I believe the phone has to be rooted to enable/disable things from loading at startup so until we find a way to root the phone I think all it will do is let you see what your phone does..

greenchicken

Reaction score
Today my phone was 100% at 8 am, I went to bed at 11 am (third shift guy) woke up at 6pm and the phone was at 70% with "ATS"

10 hours using 30% is not bad even though the phone was asleep like me most of the time

cwciwatch

Reaction score
I have been using juice defender for a while now and it has nearly doubled my battery life. I have tried several other managers in the past without much success. Also have been using Tasker and it is great.

nka

Reaction score
I have been using juice defender for a while now and it has nearly doubled my battery life. I have tried several other managers in the past without much success. Also have been using Tasker and it is great.

Wow! That is some major improvement. Have you been using Pro or free version? Also are you on 2.1 or 2.2?