Milestone carrier compatibility list

shatteredzman

Reaction score
I am creating a spread sheet to show what carriers the droid and milestone are compatible with. I dont think anyone has done anything like this yet. I am having a hard time finding what bands foreign carriers use because I only speak english. If anyone would like to contribute to the spread sheet or see any errors it would be really helpful so make a post.

Right now I am working on the following carriers 3G and GSM bands.
USA
AT&T
Verizon
T-Mobile

South America
Claro
TIM

Germany
O2
Vodaphone

And any other common carrier in a the countries the droid/milestone is released in.

Since I cant upload a .xlsx file I attached a picture of the spread sheet.
I also uploaded the spread sheet as a .doc file, to open it you will have to rename it to a .xlsx file.

I updated the picture but not the spreadsheet.

Last edited:

MountainX

Reaction score
Can we draw some conclusions from this spreadsheet for US carriers?

If the spreadsheet is correct, the Euro Milestone is supposed to support these frequencies:
GSM 1800
GSM 1900
GSM 850
GSM 900
WCDMA 2100
WCDMA 900

That would make it compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile in US (at 2g speed/gsm), and maybe with T-Mobile in US at 3g speed (?). Am I right?

OP
S

shatteredzman

Reaction score
Just about any phone will work with any network using GSM. The European milestone should get 3G with T-Mobile on the 2100 band, I may be wrong though. I have done more work with the spreadsheet and I will post the updated version.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey,

thanks for the List, BUT
the Milestone will be also aviable for these Providers, but
in Summer next Year:

Base/E+
T-Mobile

Just because it's not available yet to them doesn't mean they can't get one from another country and use it within the united states. I'm sure that if someone got a milestone and brought it to the US they could make it work on the T-Mob network.

OP
S

shatteredzman

Reaction score
Hey,

thanks for the List, BUT
the Milestone will be also aviable for these Providers, but
in Summer next Year:

Base/E+
T-Mobile

Just because it's not available yet to them doesn't mean they can't get one from another country and use it within the united states. I'm sure that if someone got a milestone and brought it to the US they could make it work on the T-Mob network.

That is basically what I am doing.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's what i figured was going on, bad thing for the droid is really it's only compatible with verizon lol.

I'd almost rather have a milestone from Europe then the droid. But then again i also don't want T-Mob lol.

OP
S

shatteredzman

Reaction score
Yeah I need a phone that will work just about anywhere. Just have to wait until its come out in a 850/1900 3G band... I am so impatient that I am tempted to buy a 900/2100 3G phone but people are selling them for $800+, thats ridiculous, I would rather wait.

OP
S

shatteredzman

Reaction score
No, I never owned one and didnt care. I am hoping the exchange rate in Argentina will work in my favor and I can get it at a decent price. I am hoping the price will drop by the time its released in Argentina, the current rumor is it will be released sometime in the 2nd week of december.

Unimaginative

Reaction score
I can confirm the Milestone works perfectly with Vodafone Australia's network, and I can say that it'd also work on Optus' network (as they're pretty much identical).

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
That's what i figured was going on, bad thing for the droid is really it's only compatible with verizon lol..

Why? VZW is the only carrier worth a damn here in the US... ;)