"Microsoft says Android infringes on its patents, licenses HTC"

armeddroid

Reaction score
Your friend is sharing the 'Microsoft says Android infringes on its patents, licenses HTC' article with you. - Check out :"Microsoft says Android infringes on its patents, licenses HTC"

http://bit.ly/9bOdSf

Darkseider

Reaction score
Your friend is sharing the 'Microsoft says Android infringes on its patents, licenses HTC' article with you. - Check out :"Microsoft says Android infringes on its patents, licenses HTC"

http://bit.ly/9bOdSf

Microsoft is doing what they always do and bully the smaller players into paying up. I do truly hope that one day someone takes them to court and tells them to put up or shut up. I will laugh when that day comes and the majority of MS software patents are thrown out for obscurity and the other for prior art. When Apple or MS gets threatened in the marketplace they litigate. Google, Linux, Android, open source... well. We innovate.

zero7starz

Reaction score
I'd like to see Microsoft take on Google. It might almost be a fair fight. However I think a HTC+Google team would beat Microsoft in the game of lawyers.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Whats so stupid about that is if u ever used a MAC and a Linux OS, MAC would have a better case then MS. Android doesnt even have a registry....Also, if MS could never prove Linux infringed, HOW IN THE WORLD is it gonna prove Android does?!?! wtf?!?!

Last edited:

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually, in another article I read about this, it didn't mention that android infringes, but that htc does. So, I'm wondering which it is, and if it is HTC, maybe it is their Sense UI that is in question. Maybe between that and the wealth of IP they'd have access to (to help with their lawsuit from apple) is why the were pretty quick to get the licensing set up?

Dustinmj

Reaction score
Our patent laws are just messed up... things like this inhibit technological advancement. It's a crying shame.