MicroSDXC and Class 10 support on Android 4.1 with RazrHD/Maxx HD

hotice

Reaction score
I've been looking at lots of posts and information doesn't seem to be consistant. As the RazrHD/MaxxHD were shipped with Android 4.0.4 it seemed that MicroSDXC was not supported so the largest card that would work was 32GB, MicroSDHC. Then in my digging I found references to class 4 cards working but class 10 either not working or going bad. What's up with that? Can someone, preferbly more than one, confirm any of this?

My first question is will MicroSDXC cards, which are cards larger than 32GB, work in the RazrHD/MaxxHD with Android 4.1.1?

My second question is are there known problems with class 10 storage cards in the RazrHD/MaxxHD and should we be using class 4 cards because of this? Is this even the case since Android 4.1.1?

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
I've been looking at lots of posts and information doesn't seem to be consistant. As the RazrHD/MaxxHD were shipped with Android 4.0.4 it seemed that MicroSDXC was not supported so the largest card that would work was 32GB, MicroSDHC. Then in my digging I found references to class 4 cards working but class 10 either not working or going bad. What's up with that? Can someone, preferbly more than one, confirm any of this?

My first question is will MicroSDXC cards, which are cards larger than 32GB, work in the RazrHD/MaxxHD with Android 4.1.1?

My second question is are there known problems with class 10 storage cards in the RazrHD/MaxxHD and should we be using class 4 cards because of this? Is this even the case since Android 4.1.1?

While I can't comment on your first question, because I've never owned one, I can comment on your second question:

I have gone through 3 class 10 micro sd cards. The first two of which were in conjunction with lower builds than 4.1.1. The third card is installed in my phone now and seems to be working properly - it has only been exposed to 4.1.1. Hope this helps.

BIrONIC

Reaction score
Is there any more data on this yet?

I've been having trouble with my Class-10 Sandisk 16GB MicroSDHC in my MaxxHD ever since I got the new phone a couple months ago.
I'm wanting to upgrade to a 32GB card anyway. So, I don't have any problem with the expense, but I'm wondering what others have discovered.

I know we can't always go with what Wikipedia says, but on there, it states that the RazrHD & RazrMaxxHD can handle up to 64 GB SD cards. Has there been further research done or an update that makes this possible? UI don't want to only update to a 32 if a 64 could work fine.