Micro SD to SD mod? any one tried this yet?

Drufire

Reaction score
First let me say I'm new to the droid forums, got a Moto Droid 5 days ago and I'm loving it.

Onto my ?..

Was wondering if anyone has had any luck using a Full size SD card with something like SD to MicroSD Extender Card | AptoLink or even a home made version...

Also, if that is done, what are the odds a 64gb sd (or larger?) card would work with a droid?

Found a flexible adapter.. http://www.ameri-rack.com/APA-TFC1m.html ..

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also, if that is done, what are the odds a 64gb sd (or larger?) card would work with a droid?
None. IIRC, there's a 32GB limit. Not specifically sure what imposes that limit though.

OP
D

Drufire

Reaction score
None. IIRC, there's a 32GB limit. Not specifically sure what imposes that limit though.

Thats the next ?, is the 32gb limit only because micro sd isn't any larger?
Or is it 32gb partition limits?

B-Unit

Reaction score

Thats the next ?, is the 32gb limit only because micro sd isn't any larger?
Or is it 32gb partition limits?

It's because Motorola says so.

See the link two posts above this one.

E

Motorola also says our CPU will only run at "up to 600Mhz" but that hasn't slowed the overclockers down. So again, is this an Android software limitation, or listed because microSD doesn't come larger than 32GB?

SANhacker

Reaction score
It is likely a limitation based on the number of bits the CPU uses to address memory.