Micro SD card

allikanbe

Reaction score
A bit of a side question. If you have a 16GB card in your phone and buy a 32 GB card, how do you get all the stuff transferred from the old to the new card?

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
A bit of a side question. If you have a 16GB card in your phone and buy a 32 GB card, how do you get all the stuff transferred from the old to the new card?

Just use a computer. Copy and paste.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

HutRU01

Reaction score
Brand of SD Card

Currently, I have a Patriot 16 GB Class 10 MicroSD card. I am considering a 64 GB Class 10 MicroSD card. Based on some research on other android forums, I have found that most formatted their 32 and 64 gb microSD cards to FAT32. What I am trying to decide on is whether the brand makes much of a difference. I have had good luck with Patriot brand. What about the "microSD" cards that are less expensive compared to Sandisk, Kingston, Patriot, etc?

For instance, take this 64 GB microSD card.

kgrhqnhjewfeov3kpgbrl77.jpg

64 GB Micro SD Memory Card and Adapter Class 10 | eBay

Compared to this one:
kgrhqyokosffz3fq8mbreni.jpg

SanDisk Mobile Ultra Class10 64GB MicroSD Micro SDXC UHS I U1 Flash Memory Card 619659078652 | eBay

With both of them being a Class 10, is speed really that much of a difference?

If you are running a 64GB microSD card with your Galaxy S3, which one did you buy?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Whatever microSD card you get make certain it is a name brand and from a reputable source. There are plenty of counterfeit cards out there. Even with prices coming down.

HutRU01

Reaction score
Whatever microSD card you get make certain it is a name brand and from a reputable source. There are plenty of counterfeit cards out there. Even with prices coming down.

That's what I was thinking. I will stick with the brand names I know.