Messed up my X bad... I may have bricked?

Whirlwind3

Reaction score
Hey there guys, so after a few hours of searching the forums and the internet in general for answers to my problem i haven't come up with anything solid.

Heres the story - I finally rooted my X earlier today and installed that new liberty ROM... all was fine and dandy until i had to revert back to my stock rom because i was trying to do something.

Well needless to say my backup of the stock ROM that i saved apparently didn't save because it is not on my phone or SD card, and im fairly sure i may have accidentally deleted it.

So now i am stuck with the Liberty ROM but i am wanting to go back to the stock and nothing I have tried is working, factory reset just resets all the data on the phone but keeps the Liberty ROM.

Is there any possible way for me to get the Droid X back to the stock ROM so i can just have the phone back to how it used to be before i tried all my rooting and ROM'ing?

Any help is greatly appreciated, as i have run out of ideas as to what to do and am sick to my stomach to have to go into the verizon store to see what they can do, only to get lectured for doing what i did.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you don't have a backup you will have to sbf to get everything back to stock non rooted.

tappin and a talkin

OP
W

Whirlwind3

Reaction score
ok thank you spaz, is SBF'ing a hard process to do you think?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Its a fairly simple process. About as difficult as flashing a rom imo. Requires a PC of course but it will get you back to complete out of the box state.

tappin and a talkin

OP
W

Whirlwind3

Reaction score
Ok thank you :D, currently im looking at maderschramm's guide on how to .sbf, so i'll let you know how goes, and thanks again for the help!!

you have no idea how freaked out i was starting to get!

Dustin.

Reaction score
To my knowledge there is no SBF for. 2.3.340 (assuming that's what you were on trying to install Liberty.)

Sent from my DROID X.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There's a system only sbf for. 340 and a full sbf for the leak. The system only should get you straight.

tappin and a talkin

OP
W

Whirlwind3

Reaction score
well, i downloaded RSD Lite and the .sbf file, but for some reason RSD Lite will not detect my droid X at all, i have looked online and tried the suggestions such as reinstalling all my drivers and making sure they are current.

but RSD doesn't want to recognize the phone whatsoever :( any suggestions?

OP
W

Whirlwind3

Reaction score
yes bootloader 30.04

and i've been still looking for help on different posts but nothing i've been trying is working, and yes i am running RSD as an administrator

and is it possible that i could just download the stock 2.2 droid x ROM from within ROM manager, then use that, and create a backup of that stock rom if i can get it to work? or is .sbf my only hope?

Last edited:
OP
W

Whirlwind3

Reaction score
I looked at the link you posted andy, and low and behold i thought all was right.

but then after i did what was in the post im just stock in a stock bootloop, at least it is stock and not the custom ROM i had, but it is constantly going through the droid - and then droid red eye - sequence then it just restarts

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Okay, try pulling your battery and then restarting it while holding the home key and the power button. When the Android and Triangle pop up hit the search key and then do a factory reset.

OP
W

Whirlwind3

Reaction score
thank you! i finally got this thing to work after nearly 6 hours haha.

just one last question, now that i have done that, can i possibly reroot again and do it correctly this time if i were to want to?

Or was what i did essentially a ROM onto itself? if that makes sense?

andylulzyou

Reaction score
thank you! i finally got this thing to work after nearly 6 hours haha.

just one last question, now that i have done that, can i possibly reroot again and do it correctly this time if i were to want to?

Or was what i did essentially a ROM onto itself? if that makes sense?

Of course! You're phone is fresh since you just SBF'd it so all you need is to install the z4Root.apk and let it do it's thing.

It seems your problem wasn't actually flashing the ROM, you just did something along the way of making a backup. I'm sure if you give Liberty a try you will really enjoy it.

And believe me I panic'd alot when I first rooted my phone too but you will definitely get used to it and love it. Just make sure you check the clockwork folder on your SD to make sure you have a backup this time before you do anything!!

If you have any questions I'd be happy to help you if you hit me up at twitter.com/arizzxo

I get e-mail's sent to my phone so it'd be much easier for me to respond quicker.