Messaging links to differents apps (i.e. Market)

Fresh330

Reaction score
Hey all,

I got a little problem hopefully someone else might know about. When I open the Messaging app (texts messages), it links me to my Weather Channel app. sometimes, it opens the Android Market.

This only just started happening today (got the phone when it came out). When I first noticed it I tried restarting the phone. That cleared it. I also tried uninstalling The Weather Channel and reinstalling. Still came back.

Anyone experience this?

godanigo

Reaction score
Sounds like a hard reset could be in your future. I imagine it's something you downloaded. Did you download any other apps right before the problem started? Uninstall those and hopefully that will fix it.

streetkid

Reaction score
Sorry to bring back such an old post, but this just started happening to my phone!

When I select the messaging app, it opens up the last app I was in. If i hit the back button it starts scrolling through all the apps i've used recently, including some games I was playing last night.

I'm pretty picky about what I install from the market, but I suppose it must be something. I downloaded 2 barcode scanners today from the market, neither of which I even started/used. I went ahead and uninstalled both but still have the issue.

Here is the only thing I could find using google:
Messaging app icon opening last program instead of messaging app program - Android Help

and then this thread using forum search